10 Natural Skincare Launches for Dry Winter Skin
As much as we love all things beauty, there’s no denying that it can get a tad overwhelming. In this monthly series you can look forward to 10 brand-new, must-try products focused around a specific seasonal concern. In other words, you better make some room on your #shelfie.
Paired together or endured separately, cooler weather and drier air can create some serious complexion concerns. And, when it comes to the transition from fall to winter, it’s not only the temperatures outside but also the artificial indoor heat that wreaks total havoc on our skin in the form of irritation, dullness, and dehydration. While your first instinct may be to slather yourself in the ceramide-rich face creams and serums laying around your vanity, why not match the chilly change of season with a new and improved — not to mention entirely clean — skincare arsenal? Natural and purely organic skincare products are having a major moment in 2018, with Sephora, Target, CVS, and more of our favorite stores dedicating more and more shelf space to the clean category, and there’s no better time than the present to get in on the trend.
While you may already know the types of products offered, the labels are a bit trickier to understand. Where clean beauty products tout formulas free of harmful ingredients like sulfates, parabens, formaldehydes, phthalates, and mineral oil (among others), organic products are regulated by the FDA to ensure that the formulas contain at least 95 percent organic ingredients to be certified and 70 percent to advertise that they’re made with organic ingredients. Natural products, on the other hand, aren’t heavily regulated at all. If a product claims to be natural, check the label and take note of the ingredient list from start to finish. It’s organized from highest to lowest concentration, so you’ll want to see the most natural ingredients right at the beginning.
Ahead we introduce you to 10 natural and organic November beauty products that will deeply hydrate skin (especially of the winter-weathered sort).
1. One Love Organics Botanical E Serum ($75): The superstar ingredient in this all-natural, 93 percent organic serum is none other than vitamin E. The potent antioxidant nourishes and rejuvenates skin by not only hydrating it but also brightening and plumping fine lines and wrinkles for a healthy-looking glow.
2. Firebox Disney Princess Face Masks ($19): Formulated with natural ingredients at the forefront — including green tea, lavender, cucumber, and rose — these Korean beauty-inspired cosplay sheet masks address common complexion woes with a fun take on skincare. You can choose from Princess Aurora’s True Love Kiss (calming lavender), Princess Ariel’s Jewel of the Sea (cooling cucumber), Princess Jasmine’s A Whole New World (revitalizing green tea), and Princess Belle’s Enchanted Rose (glow-inducing rose) — each of which feature a Disney princess face on the actual mask. While they’re not organic, the natural ingredients boast an array of complexion benefits that are worth testing.
3. Shea Terra Organics Argan Gold HA+E Face Cream Dry Skin Rescue($28): Gold standard argan oil combines with vegan hyaluronic acid and organic shea butter for a vitamin E-rich solution to dry, fall-to-winter skin. Massage the all-natural, 100 percent organic cream into your face to hydrate skin and restore a healthy glow.
4. Shiffa Emerald Clarifying Face Oil ($75): Linoleic acid — the main ingredient in this must-try natural beauty buy — is a vital component of your skin’s sebum. When you don’t produce enough, you may experience clogged pores thanks to naturally occurring oils becoming thick and sticky. By adding this hydrating, stimulating, and balancing face oil to your seasonal skincare routine, the linoleic acid helps to prevent breakouts by thinning out sebum.
5. Odacité All-Embracing Serum($95): Drench your skin in intense hydration and seriously good vibes with this amethyst-infused watermelon seed oil, hibiscus flower, and oatmeal concoction. The luxuriously lightweight organic serum sinks into skin to address everything from dryness and dullness to blemishes and signs of aging, making it a solid match for cold weather complexion concerns.
6. OZNaturals Vitamin C + AHA Facial Serum ($20): Gently exfoliate skin with this vitamin C-powered natural serum. By sloughing away the buildup of dead skin cells, all the other hydrating products you layer onto your dry, wind-blown skin will be able to actually penetrate your pores.
7. Detox Mode Altogether Oil ($32): Jojoba, grape seed, and macadamia oils combine with ginseng to create a brightening, tightening natural dry oil that moisturizes and smoothes skin without turning it into a greasy mess.
8. REN Clean Skincare Evercalm Overnight Recovery Balm ($48): There’s nothing like an overnight product to help enhance beauty sleep and soothe the senses — especially when it’s formulated without toxins, harsh chemicals, and potential irritants. This calming natural balm pumps up the moisture and targets sensitivity and inflammation often associated with winter weather through a combo of moisture barrier-supporting olive, almond, borage, and linseed oils.
9. Innisfree Firming Energy Essence with Fermented Soybean ($39): This hardworking Korean beauty staple is formulated with antioxidant-rich soybean extract and oil, along with oat kernel oil, to smooth, firm, tone, brighten, and hydrate skin.
10. Susanne Kaufmann Antioxidant Oil ($60): Stop dry fall-to-winter skin in its tracks with this rejuvenating natural skincare product. Made with jojoba, rose hip, sunflower, and wheat germ oil, along with blueberry extract, the antioxidant-rich oil can be applied from head to toe to provide intense moisture and skin regeneration.
Have you used natural skincare products? Tell us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations