25 of the Most Affordable Natural Makeup + Beauty Products Under $25
More times than not, we aren’t 100% aware of the ingredients in our day-to-day beauty products. From face creams to makeup to body wash and everything in between, who knows — we may be unknowingly slathering on stuff that is straight up bad for us. It’s important to be confident in what you’re choosing to put on your body — or at least be able to pronounce the ingredients in ‘em — which is why green beauty is becoming such a buzzy term. Oh, and don’t worry: You can easily find organic, vegan and/or all natural products that cost the same as the chemical-laden ones you might be used to, so going green doesn’t have to mean you’re spending a bunch of green. Here are 25 of the most affordable natural beauty buys out there, each costing less than $25.
1. HERBIVORE Blue Clay Cleansing Bar Soap ($12): Natural ingredients, like Cambrian blue clay from the Siberian lakes, are chock full in this clarifying bar soap. While lots of bar soaps tend to leave your skin feeling tight and dry, this hydrating blend will moisturize and balance the skin without overdoing it. Also, this brand is killing it in the minimalist packaging game — just saying.
2. R.L. Linden & Co Close To Me Uplifting Deodorant Spray ($15): If chemical-filled deodorants aren’t your thing (should they even BE a thing?! SMH), give this all-natural spray a try. You can take it beyond your pits and spritz it on your feet, a stinky yoga mat and anywhere else that you need to de-stink. Olive leaf extract, tamanu oil and essential oils blend together to create this lovely smelling spray that will actually keep you smelling fresh AF.
3. Hynt Beauty DUET Perfecting Concealer ($24): Just because you care about the ingredients in your makeup doesn’t mean you have to skip out on anything — Hynt Beauty proves this with their seriously green products. This concealer packs serious covering powers, but also won a KIWI Natural Beauty Award last year, so you know it’s as green as they come. From the recyclable glass jar packaging to its vegan, PETA-approved ingredients, this is a concealer that brings a lot to the table.
7. S.W. Basics Makeup Remover ($14): Who loves rubbing and scrubbing their eyes until their makeup is fully removed, which also results in some eyelashes being removed in the process? The answer is: no one. Instead, use a makeup remover that’s designed to be as simple as possible, using just almond oil, EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and jojoba oil. Done and done.
8. HAN Skin Care Cosmetics Eyeshadow ($13): Oh, you’ve never used eyeshadow that’s packed full of antioxidants? You’re missing out. I am a huge fan of this brand and their 100% natural eyeshadows (taupey plum is my #1 go-to right now). Beyond being made with natural rice powder, this green formula contains anti-aging properties and plant based pigments. It’s also vegan to boot.
9. Waxelene Multi-Use Beeswax Jelly ($16): Forget about Vaseline, y’all — it’s all about Waxelene. This stuff has an endless list of uses (from treating burns to moisturizing your lips, removing makeup and smoothing rough skin), and you can feel safe slathering it on because there are no hydrogenated oils, parabens or artificial ingredients. It’s made from only the good stuff: organic, plant-based oils and beeswax!
10. Glossier Mega Greens Galaxy Pack ($22): Dubbed a “juice cleanse for your face,” this seriously legit mask gently cleans out all the gunk from deep inside your pores. Extracts from leafy greens and super fruits give your skin a much-needed boost from within that’ll show on the outside. Get ready to glow after using this one!
11. Dr. Bronner’s Lavender Coconut Organic Hair Crème ($8): Instead of reaching for a styling cream filled with who-knows-what, give this organic version a try. It smells like vacation, gives your hair just the right amount of holding power but will never feel crunchy or caked on. Jojoba oil and coconut oil ensure your locks stay super silky and hydrated.
12. ILIA Beauty Lip Gloss ($24): You don’t have to compromise color or formula for green beauty products — take it from ILIA Beauty’s seriously gorgeous lip glosses (I’m obsessed with the color called Love Buzz!). Your lips will be left with beautiful color, shine and the moisturization that only coconut oil, shea butter and vitamin E bring to the table.
15. 100% Pure Eye Creamstick ($25): These glitzy cream eyeshadows are not only seriously gorgeous, but they’ll also instantly brighten your eyes. Its smart design (aka no need to stick your fingers in a pot of eyeshadow!) takes this stuff to total must-have status. This fruit-pigmented formula allows you to use it as either eyeshadow or eyeliner — and it’s 100% natural, vegan and free of fragrances, preservatives and synthetic chemicals. Boom!
16. Alima Pure Satin Matte Blush ($24): Featuring a slew of totally wearable, universally flattering shades, this loose mineral powder blush is as good for your skin as they come. These buildable shades allow you to wear a sheer wash of color or pack it on for a more saturated hue. Either way, you won’t have to worry about clogging up your pores with nasty stuff.
17. Physicians Formula Organic Wear Marathonista Tinted Moisturizer ($15): This organic, tinted moisturizer covers up your imperfections while doing your skin a solid, thanks to its 100% natural-origin ingredients. You’ll get lightweight, breathable coverage and a radiant glow from this stuff — oh, and did we mention it promises to last through a workout? Enough said.
18. Lush Cosmetics Independent Eyeliner ($20): This slick, sleek liquid eyeliner is about to become your Saturday night on the town must-have product. Its formula — made with fair trade, organic aloe vera gel + organic jojoba oil — won’t crack and won’t budge. Plus, how cute is the little bottle?! These things matter, y’all.
19. Alba Botanica Facial Cleanser Pore Purifying Pineapple Enzyme ($13): When it comes to cleansing your face, the name of the game is to effectively cleanse your skin of all the nasties without stripping it of any good stuff. This hypoallergenic cleanser smells straight up amazing (and perhaps like your favorite cocktail) but is serious when it comes to keeping your skin in tip-top shape. Maybe it has to do with the 100% vegetarian ingredients ;)
20. Tarte Power Pigment LipSurgence ($24): These pretty lipsticks (in pencil form) are made from vitamins A, C and E to serve up a ton of hydration to your pucker. Shea butter only takes this stuff to the next level, so you’re left with moisturized, pigmented lips that look as good as they feel.
21. Kimberly Parry Organics Soak Detoxifying Bath Salts ($22): Say, “Ahhhhhh,” and relax as you slip into the beauty that is a bath filled with bath salts. This organic blend works to release toxins from your bod while soothing sore muscles. Not only can you de-stress and chill out, you can heal yourself in the process.
22. Alaffia Everyday Shea Fair Trade Shea Butter ($14): If you’re all about intensely moisturized skin — especially in the cold, winter months where dry skin is a prob — this stuff is for you. Made at a co-op in Tongo, West Africa, this fair trade product will give you insanely smooth, hydrated skin in no time.
23. Pacifica Ultra CC Cream Radiant Foundation ($18): This CC cream will leave your skin looking flawless, radiant and protected from the sun thanks to SPF 17. This stuff also has “specially adapted color correcting minerals” to do the hard work for you, so you don’t have to focus on anything other than having perfect skin.
Whether you want to tap into some holiday nostalgia, or find a fun DIY to do with your kiddos, this simple snow globe craft offers both! Together with Camp by Walmart, we built a customizable crafting journey so you can execute this decor upgrade based on your style preferences and the supplies you have around the house. For this project, you'll need to decide if you want your snow globe to be inside of a mason jar or glass orb, what type of snow you want (hello, glitter!), and what holiday scene should go inside. With 16 possible outcomes, we can't wait to see what you come up with. Check it out by watching the winter wonderland snow globe tutorial now!