21 Stylish Ways to Rock Neon for Fall
Just because fall is synonymous with autumnal hues and neutrals doesn’t mean that you actually have to play by the rules. In the midst of cream-colored sweaters and suede skirts, a pop of neon is just the thing that you need to revitalize your fall wardrobe. More clever than in-your-face, these 21 neon statement pieces are made for sartorial risk-takers who were born to stand out. From neon-accented jewelry to playful fluorescent-printed dresses, it’s all here.
1. Waffle Knit Cardigan ($23): Don’t you dare reach for that same old gray sweatshirt when you have this neon yellow waffle-knit cardi in your closet just waiting to be worn. Chilly offices and unseasonably cold temps won’t stand a chance when you’re bundled up in this chic safety blanket.
2. Neon Rose Fallen T-Shirt in Floral Print ($22): A night on the town is a solid reason to let your hair down and sport an equally fun + flirty top. Who needs sequins when you have a neon floral print this playful in your arsenal? The only thing missing: black peep-toe booties and a bodycon skirt.
3. Neon Pink Crepe Midi Skirt ($18): Get down to business in a pencil skirt that demands attention. In place of your #allblackornothing uniform, this neon pink midi skirt definitely deserves a stroll around the office. Tailored and streamlined to perfection, it will look just as striking with a silk blouse and blazer as it does with a crop top and heeled sandals for off-duty fun.
the party pumps of the season. Practically a fiesta on your feet, they’ll take any outfit from drab to fab-u-lous. Pair them with anything from boho flares to a head-turning black jumpsuit, and wait for the compliments to come rolling in.
5. Printed Dress With Neon Piping and Open Back ($43): Fall weddings, Sunday brunch — you name it. This artsy, printed dress with an open back has fall shenanigans written all over it. The juxtaposition between midnight blue and punchy coral will serve as the quintessential backdrop to all of your neutral-hued accessories this season.
6. Scuba Wrap Pencil Skirt in Patchwork Floral Print ($63): If pencil skirts are your jam, then this modern patchwork interpretation will be right up your alley. The midi length and slit add a highly sophisticated vibe that can only be properly met with a classic trench and pointed-toe steppers.
7. Festival Tassel Drops ($16): Tassel everything FTW. Add instant cheer to any ensemble with these game-changing tassel drop earrings. They’re destined to be paired with a navy fisherman sweater, white jeans and tan flats.
8. Sequin Embellished Mini Skirt Yellow ($70): When sequins and neon team up, the result is one show-stopping ensemble. Low-plunging necklines (and maybe even a body chain) are a must for this sleek going-out staple worthy of any bachelorette party.
9. High-Rise Patent Mini Skirt ($97): If you’re down for the high-gloss look this season, then a patent leather mini skirt will serve you well. Our advice: Keep it casual with easy-going separates, such as an oversized turtleneck sweater or a denim jacket, for a cool downtown look.
10. Painted Parallel Bar Ring-Yellow ($14): Minimalist with a twist, this bling is right up our alley. A hint of neon is all it takes to elevate this simple stacking ring. Proceed to wear it on the daily for an extra pop of color.
11. Three-Quarter Sleeve Printed Dress ($125): We’re seeing circles, stripes and a splash of neon all over this minimalist three-quarter sleeved dress. In the midst of sweater dresses and darker-colored frocks, this LWD will be a breath of fresh air on October days.
12. Bennett Street Seren ($398): Chic bucket bag for fall? You betcha. If you’re a fan of neutrals, then this pebbled leather bag with a bubblegum pink stripe down the middle will allow you to slowly (but surely!) embrace the neon look this season.
13. Midi Zip Front Pencil Skirt in Abstract Print ($63): Painterly does it, especially when the abstract pattern just so happens to be on the side of your skirt. We picture this pencil skirt being a hit at cocktail hour, date night or even an art show opening in the city.
14. Stripe Midi Column Dress ($64): The limit to (neon) stripes does not exist. For casual off-duty days, a column dress will not only allow you to achieve an athleisure look, but it’ll also give you an excuse to slip into some comfy sneaks. #Winning
15. Dipped Neon Necklace ($36): The only thing better than a beaded necklace is one dipped in neon. From boho maxis to cable-knit sweaters, this go-to layering piece will lend visual interest to any look.
here’s a LBD that you haven’t seen a million times. The neon crosshatch design against black is reminiscent of one of our favorite arcade games (Pac-Man, anyone?!). Thanks to the racerback design, this Milly shift dress can easily be taken from day to night with a quick shoe switcheroo (flats for heels) and the addition of a statement-making clutch.
17. Cropped Cashmere Pullover Sweater ($228): As you start investing in a slew of new cashmere knits, DO make sure that this cropped number from J.Crew makes the cut. In a poppy shade of neon coral (major #swoon), it’ll give you a reason to smile on less-than-sunny days.
everyone is sporting ribbed knit dresses. Why, you ask? Because they’re so darn comfy and #lazygirl approved. For a one-and-done kind of look, this black ribbed turtleneck dress with multicolored stripes can easily be dressed up with platform sandals or pared down with ankle boots.
19. Honeycomb Tech Zip Back Skirt ($250): We’re seeing clear blue skies ahead thanks to this vibrant aqua skirt. When your nine-to-five wardrobe is looking dreary, throw this sartorial game-changer into the rotation along with a crisp white button-down and patent pumps.
20. TBA Silk Milou Shirt Dress ($319): Achieve a sporty-meets-prepster look with this daytime chic shift dress that practically calls for a visor and tennis racket. Avoid the predictable (pretty white lace-ups) by opting for an unexpected pair of platforms that will make for one Insta-worthy #ootd.
21. Drop Waist Peplum Dress ($64): It’s ’bout time that your everyday LBD received an upgrade. The peplum hem, drop waist silhouette and neon floral pattern make this little black dress a winner in our eyes. More relaxed than uptight, this easygoing dress is deserving of a pair of ‘90s-inspired stompers.