Along with a killer candle and whimsical floral arrangement, there’s one staple the center of any impressive living room needs — a stack of intriguing, yet eye-catching reads. Nothing says “I’m a stylish adult” quite like a fancy, schmancy fashion-based coffee table book. Luckily there’s a slew of new style-savvy reads that will instantly upgrade your home from boring to bangin’. Scroll down to stock up on these tomes below.
1. Vogue: The Gown by Jo Ellison ($40): There’s no better couture combo than Vogue and gowns. Translation: You need a book featuring some of the most incredible haute couture designs from the early 20th century to today, displayed in your casa. Plus Cate Blanchett in this red number? That deserves a place in the spotlight. (Photo via Amazon)
2. John Galliano: Unseen ($54):Robert Fairer and Claire Wilcox’s book about John Galliano’s career is a must-read for any style aficionado. Having designed for Givenchy in 1995, Christian Dior in 1996, and his own label between 1996 and 2011, Unseen offers a rare glimpse inside his eccentric world, along with never-before-seen photographs of his collections and backstage work. (Photo via Amazon)
3. Studio 54 ($46): A book about the greatest party there ever was needs a well-placed home. Co-owner Ian Schrager’s new read about the legendary club is full of personal details and photos, along with quotes from Liza Minelli, Brooke Shields, Pat Cleveland, and Diane von Furstenberg. You won’t be able to put it down. (Photo via Amazon)
4. The Secret Lives of Colour ($20): We live for color at Brit + Co, so obviously a book dedicated to this mission is right up our alley. Delve into 75 unusual stories about shades, dyes, and hues — like the brown that changed the way battles were fought and the white that protected against the plague. (Photo via Amazon)
5. Chaumet: Parisian Jeweler Since 1780 ($104): In case you’re not familiar with Chaumet, allow us to enlighten you — its founder was the official jeweler to Napoleon. This monograph covers all of the famed designs, from diamond tiaras to nature-inspired motifs, and provides incredible insights into the legacy of the house. It will also bring your coffee table to new aesthetic levels, because that’s what diamonds do. (Photo via Amazon)
What’s your favorite coffee table book? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.