Beyond Champagne (and sparkling wine ice cream), you need another dazzler for your gilded New Year’s Eve party — glittery fortune cookies! And these are made with just three ingredients: cookies, white chocolate, and assorted sprinkles. The key is sourcing fortune cookies with messages that really spark conversation. “You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life” could have a million meanings! Lastly, go all out with the sprinkles. They’re the eye-catching component of this sparkly and celebratory DIY.
Glittery fortune cookies
(Makes ~21 cookies)
- 1 pound white chocolate candy melts, melted according to package directions
- 21 fortune cookies, plastic packaging removed
- assorted sprinkles: edible silver stars, white sanding sugar, sugar pearls
- Carefully dip fortune cookies halfway into white chocolate. Allow excess to drip off. Set aside to dry. Dip a second time and allow excess to drip off (use a spoon if needed). If chocolate begins to harden as you dip, reheat as necessary.
- Add sprinkles to tops and sides of chocolate-dipped fortune cookies.
- Set on a rimmed baking sheet fitted with a cooling rack or parchment paper.
- Allow chocolate to set before moving to platter to enjoy.
What are you serving up on New Year’s Eve? Tag us on Instagram!
(Photos via Kurt Andre)