35 Gilded and Gorgeous New Year’s Eve Party Ideas
It’s no secret New Year’s Eve decor often goes all out with glitzy gold. The Midas touch brings a little bling and offers the perfect way to kick off the countdown to the new year, whether you stir up the fun with a few drink stirrers or DIY a glammed-out photo booth backdrop. If you’re looking for ways to start 2017 fresh, check out our list of the best golden NYE party ideas, like gold confetti-dipped balloons, glittery donuts and sparkly backdrops. You’re sure to find new ways to dress up and host the ultimate gilded-out NYE party.
1. DIY Gold Photo Booth: Turn a plain old white wall into a glitzy gold photo booth in a matter of minutes. All you’ll need is an amazing fringe curtain (we got ours from Amazon) and gold spray-painted props. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Confetti-Dipped Balloons: Sure, clear balloons filled with confetti are gorgeous. But if you’re looking to add the sparkly detail to colored balloons, simply put the confetti on the outside! (via Studio DIY)
3. DIY Gold Patterned Cactus Planters: Spruce up your flat just in time for NYE with a shiny gold planter. Using painters’ tape, a circle sponge and gold leaf paint, create your own designs. (via Brit + Co)
4. ThreeLeafPaperie Gold Sparkly “Pop Fizz Clink” DIY New Year’s Eve Banner ($8): Add some sparkle to your NYE party with this *dazzling* gold banner. For the best results, print out your download on white card stock. Make it next-level by coating your letters with a layer of glue and gold glitter for maximum sparkle.
5. Gold Sequined Tablecloth: Glittery linens make all the difference between a basic and trendy look. Make sure your space looks every bit as chic as the one pictured above by going with a sequined tablecloth and color-coordinated chair. (via Jose Villa Photography / Style Me Pretty)
6. DIY Gold Mylar Swizzle Sticks: Gold mylar-topped swizzle sticks are easy to make and a fun accessory for any cocktail you might want to mix up. Go the extra mile and make a few more to top your cupcakes. (via Brit + Co)
8. Glitter-Dipped Strawberries: Who knew glitter was the answer to turning regular foods into a classy dessert? Get the look by dipping your chocolate-covered strawberries in gold edible glitter. (via Best Friends for Frosting)
9. 24 Carat Champagne Cocktails: It doesn’t get any fancier than having gold flakes in your Champagne… except when your Champagne flutes are rimmed with edible glitter stars. Cheers to drinks that are decadently delicious. (via Brit + Co)
10. pomtree 2017 Balloons ($28+): Jazz up your backdrop with these jumbo mylar balloons. The optional tassels add a super fun touch, and can be chosen in any color(s) of your choice.
11. pomtree Black and Gold New Year’s Eve Tassel Garland ($9+): Give your party a fancy touch with this black and gold tassel garland. Hang alone or to accompany a letter banner.
12. HORCHOW Champagne Flutes ($80, set of four): These shimmering glasses are brimming with contemporary sophistication. Champagne flutes are just the way to get any party started, but are especially appropriate for NYE.
13. PetiteInsanities White and Gold Confetti Bomb ($4): These confetti bombs are must-haves for ringing in the New Year. Gold is the optimal choice for NYE, but you can also customize the colors to suit a different theme.
14. DIY Sparkly Champagne Bottles: These bottles are so fabulously decked out in glitter, they’re likely the first things your guests will see. Just don’t forget to pop the cork on these bad boys. (via Evite)
17. Crepe Paper Fringe Garland Backdrop: Bold and fun, these gold streamers make the perfect backdrop for any celebration. Mix it up by adding white streamers. (via 100 Layer Cakelet)
18. Save on Crafts Fancy Party Fans Rosette Pinwheels Gold and White ($25, pack of eight): The right backdrop makes all the difference. Whether it’s your dessert table or photo booth, this fancy set of rosette pinwheels deserves a space at your NYE party.
19. Gold Glitter Donuts: Glitter-dipped donuts are the *ideal* way to give your dessert table some serious style. All you need is your favorite flavor and some edible glitter to make the prettiest donuts out there. (via Gemini Photography Ontario / Style Me Pretty)
20. Gold Flatware: When silverware just doesn’t cut it, replace it with a complete set of gold cutlery. Trust us: The touch of gold will brighten up your entire place setting. (via Birds of a Feather / Style Me Pretty)
21. SocialBashAndCo Gold Foil Paper Straw Mix ($4, package of 25): These paper straws come in a variety of patterns… the only thing missing here are gold paper cups to match!
22. MakeItMerryShop Gold Glitter Party Picks ($10, set of 12): Add sparkle, glitter and glam to your party decor with this set of disco ball-inspired party picks. Pop them into your cupcakes or use them as party picks — whatever you decide, their pretty sparkle will totally win your guests’ hearts.
23. Gold Star Wall Hanging: Rock a wall or ceiling full of glitzy hanging stars, and your guests will have a hard time not gazing at your decor. For added flair, combine it with fairy lights. (via Jojotastic)
24. DIY Sparkle Party Crowns: Using gold pipe cleaners, wrap a headband and fold in half to create points. Glue a sparkly gold pom-pom to the top of each point to finish it off, or double up the points to create a stacked effect. (via Kelli Murray)
25. DIY White and Gold Candle Holders in Under an Hour: Gold goes with *every* event. So make these gold color-blocked candle holders, which will be festive for the entire season. (via Brit + Co)
26. DIY Gold-Dipped Light Bulb Chandelier: Turn old light bulbs into a chic, vintage-inspired mobile using gold spray paint. You can even turn it into a chandelier by adding a pendant light bulb in the middle! (via Brit + Co)
27. Kate Spade New York Five-Piece Larabee Road Gold-Dot Dinnerware Place Setting ($139): The perfect complement to gold cutlery, this Kate Spade five-piece place setting is a must-have come NYE. Its simple but elegant design makes it ideal to use year round.
29. DIY Flapper-Inspired Crown: Turn your NYE party into a swinging shindig with a ’20s-inspired crown. Made of gold mylar rosettes and an elastic headband, this pretty little accessory will add the perfect accent to your outfit. (via Brit + Co)
30. pomtree New Year’s Eve Champagne Bottle Tassel Balloon ($8+): What do you get when you cross a giant Champagne bottle balloon with a tassel trim? A whole lot of awesome! Make sure your space is looking its best on NYE with this classy item.
31. DIY Pop, Fizz, Clink Glitter Stir Sticks: Create these cute and easy glitter stir sticks for that *perfect* addition to a glass of bubbly. The best part is that they only take about 10 minutes to make! (via VickyB.TV)
33. DIY Star Chair Decoration: Every guest will feel like a star when taking a seat in chairs draped with a gold foil stars. To make, spray the star with glue, shake glitter over it and hang it on a golden cord! (via Martha Stewart Weddings)
34. DIY White Russian Cake Pops: Sprinkle some of those edible glitter stars over your favorite dessert. These cake pops will satisfy both your sweet tooth and your golden needs in one fell swoop. (via Brit + Co)
35. LabelsRus New Year’s Eve Party Decorations ($10): Add these metallic foil stickers onto Hershey’s Kisses for the *perfect* customized NYE candies. Though the foils come in a variety of colors, the gold is a NYE *must.*
Which of these gorgeous + gilded party ideas will you rock on NYE? Follow us on Pinterest for more ideas and inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.