6 Bachelorette Party Destinations Perfect for the Non-Traditional Bride
There are certain parts of a bachelorette party, like stylish favors, fun bachelorette games and classic cocktails, that we’re behind 100 percent. Other aspects, like phallic-shaped anything, horrid hangovers and packed clubs, we can easily do without. Plus, there are only so many times you can do Las Vegas or Miami in a wedding season before you’re body-jeweled out. To help combat bachelorette-party fatigue, we’ve rounded up six awesome destinations that’ll breathe new life into the classic tradition.
1. The Mills House, Charleston, SC: Charleston’s food scene has blown up over the past couple of years, so if you and your girl gang are looking to eat your way through a city, Charleston is your answer. Check out FIG or Husk for traditional Southern fare gone modern. Intersperse your culinary exploits by lounging poolside at the pastel pink Mills House, or drive out to the barrier islands for some sun-and-sand time. Plus, the city’s young professional and college populations make for a thriving nightlife scene, so you can still fit in that wild night out. (Photo via The Mills House)
2. The 404, Nashville, TN: Made from recycled shipping containers and decorated like a hipster paradise, the 404 in Music City is ideal for the indie bride. Spend a long weekend breakfasting at the hotel’s eponymous restaurant and customizing denim at Imogen + Willie. Keep your energy up by trying the pizza at City House and grabbing drinks at Patterson House. Even if you don’t religiously watch Nashville, you’ll still want to catch some of the town’s incredible musicians at the Bluebird Cafe (yes, your favorite TV venue actually exists). (Photo via Leigh-Ann Beverly Photography)
3. The Resort at Paw’s Up, Greenough, MT: Glamping earns its title at this 37,000-acre working cattle ranch. Luxury safari-style tents are equipped with a slate shower, dining pavilion, stone fireplace, outdoor fire pit and incredible views. Sign the group up for cattle driving, spa treatments, chuckwagon tours or horseback riding for the full resort experience. This is the outdoorsy soon-to-be-bride’s dream. (Photo via The Resort at Paw’s Up)
4. Miraval Retreat, Tucson, Arizona: With stamps of approval from both Gwyneth Paltrow and the RHONJ cast, we can safely say this Arizona wellness retreat will appeal to all types. It’s the perfect choice for those bach parties that are made up of a potentially awkward mix of high school friends, college roommates, little sisters and work besties. Miraval provides spa services, meditation workshops, cooking demos, yoga classes and a ton of other activities that are both luxe and restorative. (Photo via Miraval Retreat)
5. Aire Ancient Baths, New York City: For the best of both bachelorette worlds — traditional and modern — book a spa day at the Aire Ancient Baths in TriBeCa during your girls’ trip to the Big Apple. For less than $150 a person, you can spend two hours lounging in thermal baths, resting in the relaxation room and indulging in a 30-minute aromatherapy massage. (Photo via Aire Ancient Baths)
6. Blackberry Farm, Walland, TN: If you’re looking for luxury mixed with mountain views, look no further than Blackberry Farm. The 62-room resort is “celebrated as an unrivaled food and wine destination,” and you’ll get to grub at the most literal farm-to-table restaurant you’ll ever find. When you’re not sampling world-class wines or eating just-picked veggies, you can partake in spa treatments, yoga, horseback riding, fly fishing, mountain biking and cycling. (Photo via Beall + Thomas Photography)
Which locale would be your dream spot for a bachelorette party? Tweet us @BritandCo to tell us your favorite!
(Featured photo via Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)