6 Bachelorette Party Destinations Perfect for the Non-Traditional Bride
There are certain parts of a bachelorette party, like stylish favors, fun bachelorette games and classic cocktails, that we’re behind 100 percent. Other aspects, like phallic-shaped anything, horrid hangovers and packed clubs, we can easily do without. Plus, there are only so many times you can do Las Vegas or Miami in a wedding season before you’re body-jeweled out. To help combat bachelorette-party fatigue, we’ve rounded up six awesome destinations that’ll breathe new life into the classic tradition.
1. The Mills House, Charleston, SC: Charleston’s food scene has blown up over the past couple of years, so if you and your girl gang are looking to eat your way through a city, Charleston is your answer. Check out FIG or Husk for traditional Southern fare gone modern. Intersperse your culinary exploits by lounging poolside at the pastel pink Mills House, or drive out to the barrier islands for some sun-and-sand time. Plus, the city’s young professional and college populations make for a thriving nightlife scene, so you can still fit in that wild night out. (Photo via The Mills House)
2. The 404, Nashville, TN: Made from recycled shipping containers and decorated like a hipster paradise, the 404 in Music City is ideal for the indie bride. Spend a long weekend breakfasting at the hotel’s eponymous restaurant and customizing denim at Imogen + Willie. Keep your energy up by trying the pizza at City House and grabbing drinks at Patterson House. Even if you don’t religiously watch Nashville, you’ll still want to catch some of the town’s incredible musicians at the Bluebird Cafe (yes, your favorite TV venue actually exists). (Photo via Leigh-Ann Beverly Photography)
3. The Resort at Paw’s Up, Greenough, MT: Glamping earns its title at this 37,000-acre working cattle ranch. Luxury safari-style tents are equipped with a slate shower, dining pavilion, stone fireplace, outdoor fire pit and incredible views. Sign the group up for cattle driving, spa treatments, chuckwagon tours or horseback riding for the full resort experience. This is the outdoorsy soon-to-be-bride’s dream. (Photo via The Resort at Paw’s Up)
4. Miraval Retreat, Tucson, Arizona: With stamps of approval from both Gwyneth Paltrow and the RHONJ cast, we can safely say this Arizona wellness retreat will appeal to all types. It’s the perfect choice for those bach parties that are made up of a potentially awkward mix of high school friends, college roommates, little sisters and work besties. Miraval provides spa services, meditation workshops, cooking demos, yoga classes and a ton of other activities that are both luxe and restorative. (Photo via Miraval Retreat)
5. Aire Ancient Baths, New York City: For the best of both bachelorette worlds — traditional and modern — book a spa day at the Aire Ancient Baths in TriBeCa during your girls’ trip to the Big Apple. For less than $150 a person, you can spend two hours lounging in thermal baths, resting in the relaxation room and indulging in a 30-minute aromatherapy massage. (Photo via Aire Ancient Baths)
6. Blackberry Farm, Walland, TN: If you’re looking for luxury mixed with mountain views, look no further than Blackberry Farm. The 62-room resort is “celebrated as an unrivaled food and wine destination,” and you’ll get to grub at the most literal farm-to-table restaurant you’ll ever find. When you’re not sampling world-class wines or eating just-picked veggies, you can partake in spa treatments, yoga, horseback riding, fly fishing, mountain biking and cycling. (Photo via Beall + Thomas Photography)
Which locale would be your dream spot for a bachelorette party? Tweet us @BritandCo to tell us your favorite!
(Featured photo via Getty)