What It’s REALLY like to Be a NYFW Model
We’ve been following New York Fashion Week’s runway fashion and coveting all the glam street style looks, but we haven’t gotten a peek at the behind-the-scenes action… until now. Thanks to Instagram, these NYFW models are giving us a closer look than ever at all the glitz, glamour and hard work that goes into strutting down the catwalk in front of the biggest fashion editors, stylists and trendsetters. We’re sharing our favorite photos from veteran models and fresh faces for a glimpse into the life of a runway model.
2. Relax: Before supporting brother-in-law Kanye’s Adidas show, Kendall Jenner showed off her luxury NYC hotel room with gorgeous views of the big city. (via @kendalljenner)
3. Support Friends: Coco Rocha gave her followers a sneak peek from Dennis Basso’s metallic-heavy collection. (via @cocorocha)
4. Rave About Clothing: Hilary Rhoda didn’t just walk in the Prabal Gurung show; she also raved about the incredible red turtleneck that she got to wear. (via @hilaryrhoda)
5. Support Charity: Amidst all the fashion week parties, Jourdan Dunn threw a fundraiser, #CellsForGratitude, in support of sickle cell disease research. Here, she poses with Karlie Kloss at the benefit. (via @officialjdunn)
6. Bundle Up: Sure, the it-ladies of the front row might be in bare legs and sans coats, but Liu Wen and Gigi Hadid made sure to layer up in coats and gloves after walking in Tommy Hilfiger’s NYFW show. (via @liuwenlw)
7. Chug Coffee: Fresh-faced Alisa Ahmann fueled up for NYFW by drinking every last drop of coffee. (via @alisaahmann)
8. Get Ready: Jing Wen revealed her pre-show look in this photo, which shows her geting stage-ready for Giambattista Valli’s haute couture. (via @jingwenll)
9. Surround Themselves in Flowers: Mari Agory opened and closed the Christian Siriano show, and shared a floral moment with her followers. (via @mari_agory)
10. Rock Baby Bumps: Coco Rocha sports an adorable baby bump street-style look before hitting the shows. (via @cocorocha)
Who’s your source for a peek into NYFW? What is inspiring you? Comment below!