When it comes to makeup, we’re all about finding some natural inspiration. From citrus-hued hair to floral nails, we love summertime beauty that’s ripe for the picking. Right about now, as those ACs crank and just a peek at the high of the day makes us sweat, we’re turning to a beauty role model who always keeps her cool: a mermaid. Whether you need an ocean-inspired look for Burning Man, or just want to bring the beauty of the big blue to your baby blues, we have 13 eye makeup tutorials inspired by the deep blue (and green and purple) sea.
1. Ocean Sunset Inspired Makeup: You know we love us some color. Paint your eyes with all the colors of the wind, the ocean and the sunset with this amazing eyeshadow tutorial. (via Beautylish)
2. Coral + Teal Summer Fun: Your ocular seascape can be bold, or it can be a subtle, everyday look. Brighten up your favorite summer coral with a teal-rimmed lower lid. And throw in some glitter for good measure, of course. (via Agape Love Designs)
3. Finding Nemo‘s Dory-Inspired Makeup: It’s never been easier to just keep swimming with a Dory-inspired eye. Who knows? Maybe you could even speak whale. (via Beautylish)
4. Blue Gold Smokey Eye: How much do you love this gorgeous, bright metallic look? Go bold with shimmery, high pigment shadow. (via Ms Rosh Posh)
5. Neon Liner: It looks like we should have been using tropical fish as our makeup muse this whole time. (via Lime Crime Makeup)
6. Green + Blue Eyes: We all know ocean blue is a thing, but we can’t forget ocean green. It’s a surprising take on the smokey eye you’ll want to wear all summer long. (via YouTube)
7. Bold Blue Cat Eye: We loved this straight-from-the-runway pic from Fashion Week, and apparently so does Kendall Jenner, who tried out the bright blue cat eye recently on Instagram. Get the look here! (via The Daily Glamourista)
8. Glittering Shades of Blue: Most of this list is big, bad and bold, but here’s a look you could swim from day into night. (via Clipzine)
9. Bahama Breeze Makeup: If you can’t be in the Bahamas, wear the Bahamas — that’s our motto. Maybe someone will even give you a piña colada. (via YouTube)
10. Blue With Neon Coral Eyes: We’re going to designate this the ocean sunrise. The cool, dark ocean with pink sunlight bursting over it. It just makes you want to go on an early morning canoe ride. Right? Right. (via YouTube)
11. Statement Eyes: We’re calling it. This is the coral reef of eyeshadow looks. It’s all the colors under the sea and in the new UD Electric Palettes. (via YouTube)
12. Neutral Eyes + Grey Lipstick: For those nights when you need to channel your inner Ursula (aka badass b), nothing but a grey lip will do. (via YouTube)
13. Armani Blue Beauty Makeup: Ocean blue goes haute couture with this shimmery Giorgio Armani look. It’s basically the sunlight shimmering on the waves sparkling on your eyes. (via The Beauty Bean)
Comment below and tell us what’s inspiring your best beauty looks this summer!