You’ve got it, ladies (and Jared Leto). The ombre trend has made its way from clothing to hair and back again, and you know what? It’s still just as fantastic. This fun style embodies all of the whimsy and color that comes with summertime fashion, making this the perfect time to jump on the bandwagon. Check out these 15 ways to take your ombre obsession to a whole new level.
1. Without Walls Dip-Dye Tank ($28): With its dropped armholes, this tank is perfect for layering over a bikini at the beach or even a sports bra at the gym.
2. Helena Ombre Tweed Dress ($277): Nope, tweed is not just reserved for Sherlock Holmes. As you can see, it drapes really well, making it a great material to use for a dress that’s both structured and flowy at the same time.
3. RAGA Crochet Lace Shorts ($61): Lace shorts are trending this summer, and it’s pretty clear why. They’re really fun and add a sexy flair to your overall look. Up for a DIY? Check out how we created purple ombre cutoffs right here.
4. Surf Gypsy Ombre Tank Top ($57): Speaking of lace, check out the beautiful hem of this top! We love the traditional touch the lace adds to an otherwise modern tank top.
5. La Made Dip Dye Hoodie ($108): With the help of this hoodie, you can be super stylish and super comfortable at the same time. We definitely see DIY potential in this one.
6. Free People Ombre Foil Dress ($50): Metallic ombre exists?! You’ve got to admit, that’s one of the coolest things ever. This would be such an amazing dress to wear to a summer concert (Bey and Jay, anyone?).
7. Jovonnista Watson Maxi with Split ($41): Oh, and this trend isn’t just a monochromatic thing either. We adore the colors used in this skirt; you’re basically watching a gorgeous sunset every time you wear it!
8. Lovesome and Then Some Dress ($70): Yes, even denim dresses can partake in the ombre movement. Our favorite part about this dress is the way that the fabric used for the sleeves wraps around the back.
9. ASOS Peplum Hem Pencil Skirt ($52): Peplum hem, lovingly known as “pephem,” is also really hot right now. Basically, it means that the peplum is at the hemline of a skirt, as opposed to the waist. Pretty cool, right?
10. Reverse Rainbow Cutoff Shorts ($58): We’d be pretty psyched to find these shorts at the end of a rainbow. They’re quite versatile. Rock ’em with a cute tee or with a bikini top for a trip to the beach. Either way, they’re just as adorbs.
12. Jovonnista Shana Maxi Dress With Strap Detail ($41): We’re ginormous fans of this color scheme and the boldness those black straps bring to this look from the back.
13. Charles Henry Cutout Dress ($129): While there is only a little bit of ombre on this dress, including it on both the hemline and the shoulders really brings the whole look together.
14. Kimchi Blue Beyond the Sea Dress ($149): This dress reminds us of a dark and stormy day at sea. All it needs is a leather jacket to complete the edgy yet feminine look.
15. ASOS Ombre T-Shirt in Sequins ($105): Oh my goodness, sequins and ombre? It’s two of our favorite things combined. And check out those snazzy lace shorts!
What’s your favorite summer trend? Tell us all about it in the comments below!