25 Tables to Inspire Your Next Outdoor Dinner Party
The sun is out, and there’s only one proper way to celebrate: an outdoor party! Admit it. You’ve been waiting for an excuse to plan a party in your backyard. Prepping the table is half the fun, whether you’re planning a picnic-style affair or an all-out dinner party. Breathe a sigh of relief — we’ve found all the inspiration you need to style a stunning table. Now just invite over a few friends, pour some drinks and get ready to soak up the sun while you get your grub on.
3. Picnic Box Place Setting: Personal packed lunches in cute boxes along with pretty colorful napkins? So fun. And don’t get us started on all the yummy goodies you could find in these little lunches. Suddenly we’re totally inspired to have a picnic. (via Eric Kelley Photography)
4. Preppy Stripes: The secret ingredient to an instantly stunning tablescape is simple: stripes! It’s a great backdrop for any table setting, but we’re particularly in love with the way bright colors pop in this print-worthy photo. (via My Sweet + Saucy)
7. Surf Inspired Tablescape: We’re done with stuffy dinner parties. Kick back and keep things comfy and cool by seating your guests on soft pillows next to a low table. A colorful tassel garland makes the scene a bit more festive. It’s party time! (via Green Wedding Shoes)
9. Orange Crush Tablescape: Next up: inspiration for a mood-boosting party! Your guests won’t be disappointed to discover that dinner’s on the patio with this irresistible orange table-setting. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
10. Simple White Place Setting: Taking the party outside doesn’t mean that you have to eat with paper plates and plastic cutlery. Keep things simple, yet stylish with a monochromatic setting and a single flower. (via A LowCountry Wedding)
11. Dotty Table With DIY Planters: DIY this table for your next outdoor fete. You’ll garner bragging rights when you surprise your guests by passing out the planters as parting favors. (via Brooklyn Bride)
12. Table-Length Garland: Looking for something a bit more elegant? A long table-length garland steals the show without being too fussy. Add some taper candles to balance out the centerpiece perfectly. (via Style Me Pretty)
13. Wood Plank Table Runner: Mason jars aren’t going away any time soon. Plop some pretty flowers into hand-painted jars atop a rustic wood plank for an instant centerpiece. The horizontal napkin placing is another lovely touch and a great way to style each plate without covering up the menu. (via Wedding Chicks)
15. Terracotta Pots Centerpiece: Sometimes we’re busy. Or maybe just plain lazy. Whatever the case, we want a trendy table in a hurry, minimal cost, minimal fuss. Those potted plants hanging around your front porch? They’ll do perfectly. (via Style Me Pretty)
16. Fresh Wildflowers With a Vintage Vibe: It’s all about the details — pretty prints, pint jars, wildflowers, stripy straws and even a bit of burlap. This summery mix of southern charm and vintage prints is exactly what makes us want to get in on the fun. Invite us! (via Etsy Weddings)
17. Glitz and Glamour: Sick of the same old table setting? We hear ya. What you need is a good dose of glam. Glitter never goes out of style. And there’s no better way to break out of boring. (via Wedding Chicks)
19. Simple Succulent Place Setting: Succulents are all the rage. Not only are they beautiful, but they are virtually indestructible. Make a bunch of these mini potted versions to grace each guest’s place, and they’ll be thrilled to take it home afterward. (via Ruffled)
22. Simple Citrus Setting: Can we all agree that any event involving this amount of citrus is something we want in on? This centerpiece is pretty enough to… well, eat. If you don’t want your guests dipping into the fruit bowl, you might want to add a piece of fruit to each place setting. (via Apartment 34)
23. Sunflower Setting: Here comes the sun… flowers. Brighten up an alfresco meal with the addition of these yellow babies and napkins in coordinating colors. It’s not too fancy, just peppy and plain fun. (via Wedding Chicks)
What’s on your outdoor party table? Talk to us about your tabletop style in the comments!
We all have a million dollar business idea (or 2...or 3…) that we think *someone* should do. Why not you? Part of the motivation for Brit + Co's new interactive business course Selfmade is to help women develop their business idea into an actual living/breathing/thriving business. But it's also a way to figure out what that idea is. Maybe you have a few ideas, or need to refine a really good one, or maybe you have something with potential but just need to brush up on the business side of things. Well you're in luck. Thanks to Office Depot, we're here to share a quick recap on how we're helping our students figure out how to pick an idea and run with it. Feeling a little Selfmade fomo? Check out these tips for knowing if your idea is fully baked.