Here’s our formula for the ultimate weekend getaway: A sun-filled weekend + sippin’ lemonade + sportin’ some playful weekend-wear. Sometimes there’s nothing better for the soul than a good old fashioned picnic. If the thought of picnic-packing incites a bit of panic, not to worry, we’ve got you covered! Enhance your alfresco feast and inspire many more with these ultimate picnic essentials — just don’t forget the food!
1. Pink Gingham Picnic Blanket ($135): Everybody who’s anybody knows that a perfect picnic starts with a gingham blanket. Amp up your party with a pretty modernized pink version!
2. Sunny Life Jervis Picnic Basket ($100): Woven from banana leaves, this picnic basket has everything you need — plus plenty of room for food and drinks. Open it up to find a pretty surprise: a blue-patterned fabric lining!
3. Happy Chic Plate by Jonathan Adler ($3): It may not be the time for fine China, but you can still dine in style with these chic melamine ikat-print plates. They’re so cute you’ll likely find yourself stashing them in your kitchen within easy reach!
4. Polka Dot Napkins, Set of 4 ($20): Polka dots are all the rage this spring — they never really go out of style. These napkins will perk up your picnic and become a kitchen staple afterward.
5. Izze Sparkling Juice ($6 for 4): We can’t get enough of this low-cal sparkling juice. A picnic is the perfect excuse to indulge. Izze newbies, get this: Not only is the drink incredibly satisfying, but no refined sugars or artificial anything is included! We are definitely on board with that.
6. Drink Hugger ($6): What girl won’t love these cute cuppies? A colorful, cheery drink hugger keeps your drink cold and protects your hands from condensation. Way to take a bottle from boring to bombshell!
7. Weck Jars ($4): These lovely reusable old school canning jars are super easy to fill and empty. We can think of a million foods you could pack in them for a picnic, plus a million more reasons why they should be in your cupboard… like, yesterday.
8. Insulated Fashion Cooler Tote ($25): It’s all about dining in the sun. But when things get warm, you’ll want a stash of cold eats. Keep them cool in this nicely proportioned (and cute!) tote.
9. Pint-Sized Picnic Packaging ($6 for 6): Half the fun of a picnic is avoiding kitchen cleanup! Pack your snacks in these pint-sized containers and keep the mess to a minimum.
10. Happy Chic Jonathan Adler Serving Tray ($16): Who knew outdoor dining could be so elegant? Glam your picnic setting with a tray that’s perfect for serving sandwiches and all other bite-sized eats.
12. Music Balloon Speaker ($22): We live to listen to music. Seriously. Unplug and amplify your tunes through this rechargeable and seriously stylish speaker. A fully charged battery will last for over four hours!
13. Pink Ikat Lumbar Pillow Cover ($35): We know it’s mentioned somewhere in the perfect picnic survival guide: Don’t be caught without a pillow! Bring along a few of these stylish softies and get comfy.
15. Airtight Glass Bottle ($7): BYOW (bring your own water). Trust us, you’ll be glad you did. There’s no cuter or more eco-friendly way to bring your drink than in this glass bottle.
16. Daisy Cut Mason Jar Lids ($6 for 6): The daisy cut design is just gorgeous, and it’s the perfect (mostly) spill-free solution for a picnic. (When there’s no table, things are likely to get tipped!)
17. Cole and Mason Button Salt and Pepper Mill Set ($20): Seasonings are major, we know. Stash these in your basket and let everyone get a hand in the salt and peppering situation.
18. Forks Stripes ($12 per 20 pack): You guys. We cannot even handle how adorable this stripy cutlery is. Seriously, it’s a must-have.
19. Urban Outfitters Merry Go Round Sunglasses ($16): Here comes the sun… and you’re ready, thanks to these killer sunnies. The perfect pair of shades is an investment that you can use year-round. (We just don’t leave the house without donning a pair!) And nothing can kill an open-air event more quickly than a squint-ache. You know — a headache from squinting? For real.
20. Hillside Picnic Basket ($232): Throw a tote over your shoulder with all the extras: The umbrella, your shades, SPF… you know, things that don’t belong stashed alongside food items.
21. Sailing Ship Kite ($40): Take the fun of your outdoor event to new heights with a kite-flying session. This is quite possibly the coolest kite we’ve ever beheld.
22. Picnic Time Swiss Cheese Board with Tools ($30): We’re seriously crushing on this swiss cheese board. The wedge opens, showcasing a cheese fork, cheese knife and cheese spreading tools. Clever!
23. Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera ($99): Whether you’re a serious shutterbug or a casual photo snapper, you’ll have fun with this old-school Fujifilm instant camera. Snap a few memories (or the perfect selfie!) and enjoy the photos instantly.
Spring has sprung and we can’t wait to get out and dine in the sun (please tell us we aren’t alone!). What will be in your picnic basket? (Who knows, we may just show up to enjoy it with you! ;)