It’s officially cookout season. We’re psyched to gather outdoors, sip on wines that pair perfectly with grilled meats, enjoy barbecue recipes, and work on our tans (while slathered in SPF, of course). If you’ve made the Paleo jump, you don’t have to skip out on summer fun. Host a 100-percent Paleo-friendly cookout with this delicious menu and recipes.
1. Grilled Sweet Potato and Vegetable Skewers: Going Paleo doesn’t necessarily mean going low-carb. These delicious summertime skewers are made super-hearty by the addition of sweet potatoes. (via A Hint of Honey)
2. Grilled Lemon Garlic Zucchini: If you’re going strict Paleo, sub out the butter in this recipe for ghee (clarified butter) or coconut oil. But if a low-carb approach is all you’re after, make it as-is… FULL of buttery goodness. (via Damn Delicious)
3. Garlic Lovers Salmon: This super-delicious salmon recipe is for garlic fans only… it *literally* calls for eight cloves of garlic. Again, to keep this strictly Paleo, swap out the butter for a Paleo-friendly alternative. (via Gimme Some Oven)
4. Grilled Barbecue Chicken and Vegetables: It really doesn’t get much easier (or healthier) than throwing a bunch of chicken and veggies onto some tinfoil, wrapping it up, and tossing it on the grill. Use a Paleo-friendly barbecue sauce like Wellbee’s Honey BBQ Sauce ($14) to keep it clean. (via Diethood)
8. Cilantro-Lime Grilled Watermelon: Instead of going for “healthy” brownies made with artificial sweeteners, try real-food dessert options. And summer is the perfect time to take advantage of the naturally sweet fruits that come in season… like juicy watermelon, for example. (via The Stay at Home Chef)
9. Grilled Peaches With Rosemary and Balsamic Vinegar: The balsamic and rosemary in this recipe take dessert to the next level, giving it a gourmet feel. But it’s the fresh, seasonal peaches that REALLY make it special. (via The Framed Table)
Follow us on Pinterest for more Paleo recipes and meal ideas!