15 No-Fuss Backyard BBQ Side Dish Recipes
Once your burgers and hot dogs are fired up, it’s time to get to work on side dishes. After all, chips and salsa just aren’t going to cut it at every summer cookout and BBQ you host. Pair your meals with fresh new spins on salads, grilled veggies and even corn on the cob. Just make enough for people to have seconds, or maybe thirds, because with these 15 recipes they most definitely will.
1. Black Bean and Corn Salad: If you’re making a Tex-Mex meal, pair it with this bean and corn side salad. It has a sweet and spicy flavor from a honey and cayenne pepper dressing. (via Bowl of Delicious)
2. Skinny Mexican Grilled Corn: If you like your corn on the cob smothered, try this light, Mexican version. Instead of traditional crema, this cob is topped with Greek yogurt and parmesan cheese. (via The Cookie Rookie)
3. Grilled Summer Salad: You can make this eggplant, zucchini and grape tomato salad without ever leaving the grill. You’ll love the fire-roasted flavor of the veggies paired with a fresh Greek vinaigrette. (via Little Broken)
4. Grilled Portobello Pizzas: These mushrooms can be a side or a main depending on your mood. Grill the portobellos and top them with marinara, mozzarella and basil for a carb-free pizza. (via The Hanging Spoon)
9. Corn Salad With Feta and Mint: If you haven’t figured it out by now, corn is at its sweetest and freshest in the summer, making it a BBQ staple. Try it in a salad with salty feta and refreshing mint. (via Sweet Peas + Saffron)
13. Summer Orzo Salad: Break tradition and make your summer pasta salad with orzo instead of noodles. Add in fresh, seasonal flavors from produce like tomatoes and cucumbers. And don’t forget some salty feta cheese for a creamy texture. (via Whisking Mama)
15. Cilantro-Lime Watermelon: Who said veggies should have all the fun? Marinating fresh watermelon in lime juice, throwing it on the grill and topping it with fresh cilantro brings out all the best flavors. (via The Stay At Home Chef)
Corn on the cob? Potato salad? Tell us what your fave backyard BBQ side is below or on Facebook.