13 Paleo Pancake Recipes for Healthy-ish Weekend Mornings
If you like to enjoy Paleo-friendly meal alternatives, you’re probably getting REALLY tired of eggs — especially at breakfast. Egg-free Paleo breakfasts are sometimes hard to come by, but they’re definitely out there. And one of our *favorite* breakfast alternatives are Paleo pancakes. Some obviously still contain the incredible edibles, but they don’t give off an eggy taste, so they’re great for mixing things up. Here are 13 of our absolute favorite Paleo pancake recipes.
1. Blueberry Banana Cinnamon Pancakes: Sweetened with banana and blueberries, and held together by brown rice flour, they are the stuff of every healthy eater’s breakfast DREAMS. (via North South Blonde)
2. Paleo Blueberry Pancakes With Maple Blueberry Compote: There’s simply no need to add Paleo-friendly sweeteners (like pure maple syrup or honey) over top these bad boys. They’re already super sweet, thanks to the maple-blueberry compote poured over top. (via Paleo Running Mama)
5. Overnight Paleo Pancakes: Don’t let the word “overnight” fool you. These unbelievably fluffy pancakes are a cinch to make. You just combine the ingredients in your stand mixer, let the batter sit in the fridge overnight, and fry them up in the morning. (via Paleo Gluten Free Eats)
6. Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes: Coconut flour is a favorite standby for gluten-free bakers, and for good reason: In addition to being the ideal consistency for pancakes and other pastry-like goods, it also tastes mildly coconutty, which is ideal if you love coconuts. (via Leealicious)
7. Paleo Cinnamon Roll Pancakes: Craving a Cinnabon but don’t want to throw off your Paleo lifestyle? These insanely delish cinnamon roll pancakes are the perfect alternative. (via Jay’s Baking Me Crazy)
8. Magic Paleo Blender Banana Pancakes: This recipe calls for just three ingredients: bananas, eggs, and almond butter. The raspberry reduction sauce on top is just icing on the pancake. (via Paleo Gluten Free Eats)
10. Healthy Fluffy Low-Carb Double Chocolate Pancakes: Here’s another one for all the chocolate-lovers out there. Decadent yet healthy cakes are made with egg whites, mashed pumpkin (or, again, yogurt, sweet potatoes, or applesauce), coconut flour, and cocoa powder. (via Big Man’s World)
12. Paleo Lemon Blueberry Pancakes: There’s something about the combo of lemon and blueberries that just *works.* It works in muffins, and it DEFINITELY works in these healthy primal pancakes. (via Say Grace)
13. Fluffy, Thick Sweet Potato Pancakes: Much like bananas, sweet potatoes are one of the key pillars of a Paleo diet. They add natural, healthy amounts of sweetness to a plethora of recipes, like this one. (via Paleohacks)
Follow us on Pinterest for more healthy Paleo recipes!