Pantone’s Spring 2016 Colors Will Make You Want to Skip Fall
Okay, maybe not really. We’re pretty stoked for sweater weather, changing leaves, the holidays and all the jazz. But Pantone just released their spring 2016 color report, and you guys, we want to wear all of their selected shades (maybe even in one outfit). The colors are bright but still manage to perfectly embody that ease and pastel vibe that’s always associated with spring. Scroll on down to check out the ten colors they think (well, know, because c’mon, they’re Pantone) will be big in the coming months.
1. Rose Quartz: This tone, which Pantone describes as soothing and “persuasive yet gentle” is a cool shade that’ll work flawlessly from spring to summer. We’re going to go ahead and call this one a frontrunner for Pantone’s color of year.
2. Peach Echo: Think of Peach Echo as Rose Quartz’s crazy cousin. This color has the same blushy undertone but is definitely bolder and slightly more orange.
3. Serenity: Cool and clean, this soft shade will work great on everything from a flowing midi skirt to a structured crop top.
4. Snorkel Blue: This martime-inspired shade definitely falls in the navy family but offers a little more life than the standard version of the color. We’re guessing this is one color we’ll be seeing a lot of come red carpet season.
5. Buttercup: Forget that mustard yellow you’ve been seeing for years. This brighter alternative offers a little bit more vibrance and life without being too over the top.
6. Limpet Shell: This shade of aqua, which borders on the green family, is clear, clean and defined. This crisp color would look great on some structured trousers or maybe even an anorak-style spring jacket.
7. Lilac Gray: Is it purple or is it gray? It’s neither and both at the same time. Looks like we just found our new favorite neutral.
8. Fiesta: Va va voom! If you’re ready to amp up the drama, rocking this shade is a sure-fire way to do it. Marsala, we love you, but this is making our eyes oh-so happy.
9.Iced Coffee: If you’re ready for another alternative neutral, look to this soft shade of brown. It offers up an earthy quality that’s just slightly softened up by the milky tones of iced coffee.
10. Green Flash: Similar to chartreuse, this bold shade of green is definitely vibrant, but could be super flattering in small doses. Pantone says, “The popularity of this brilliant hue is representative of nature’s persistent influence even in urban environments, a trend continuing to inspire designers.”
What’s your favorite color from this fresh palette? Share with us in the comments below.
(Photos via Pantone)