18 Power Pantsuits You’ll *Actually* Want to Wear
As you make an effort to retire certain trends from 2016 (cough, cough, harness belts), it’s time to kick things off with a blank slate. Enter the era of the nasty woman, as power suits finally see the light of day in 2017. We’re calling it NOW. They get our vote for both boardroom-ready and after-hours appeal — and by after-hours, we specifically mean cocktail o’clock. Besides the sartorial prowess factor (me-ow!), we’re all in when it comes to women breaking the glass ceiling one stylish pantsuit at a time. While celebrities have been slaying in Red Carpet-ready suits for a while now — and let’s not forget Hilary’s debate pantsuit that played a crucial role in setting the political landscape for the election cycle — it’s about time this slay-worthy trend trickled down to the masses. Proceed to stock your boss lady-approved capsule wardrobe with these one-piece wonders that mean serious business. We’ve gathered 18 of our favorite suits (printed, solid, you name it!) that you’ll *actually* want to wear in the new year.
1. Free People Garden Mixed Print Set ($450): Groundbreaking winter floral is officially in the building, people! Combat the elements in style with this resort-ready silk set that will inspire you to linger a wee bit longer. Top it off with a cozy wrap coat and ugly-pretty fuzzy steppers for a getup that’s man-repelling in its own right. We definitely don’t hate it.
6. ASOS Ruffle Detail Suit in Navy ($136): Can you say ruffles aplenty? Proceed to channel your inner lady in navy by teaming this dapper suit with a crisp button-down and power pumps before subbing in a plain white tee and Adidas Superstars for a considerably more commuter-friendly look.
9. Jill C’s Limited Edition Pantsuit ($600): Wearing head-to-toe white in the dead of winter is a bold move that won’t go unnoticed. While this splurge-worthy pantsuit may not be designed for a treacherous snowy commute, it’s game for a wild GNO or a weekend in Vegas. The borrowed-from-the-boys silhouette, combined with the neck-plunging blazer, delivers up just the right amount of sexy for all five-to-nine affairs. Throw some metallic gold ankle boots and a body chain into the equation for a ceaselessly chic getup that slays.
11. ASOS Tailored Crepe Suit in Slate Blue ($97): Cure a case of the winter blahs with this tailored slate blue pantsuit that’s begging for an early spring. Unlike the nightmarish suits worn by your granny (hello, dated shoulder pads), this slim-cut set consisting of cigarette trousers and a laid-back chic blazer is practically designed with modern-day #girlbosses in mind.
13. Topshop Soft Geo Print Co-Ord ($190): It’s a Monday, you’ve pressed snooze one too many times and you honestly DGAF about an HR-approved dress code. Introducing the comfortable geo print co-ord that can be tossed on and styled in two seconds flat. Style the separates together for a #winning look or offset the slouchy boyfriend blazer with cropped denim flares and backless mules for a street MVP-worthy getup. Your move.
15. ASOS Piped Stripe Pajama Suit ($136): What stuffy boardroom-approved pantsuit? We know nothing of the sort. Proof that pajama-esque dressing is still a thing (praise goodness), these berry-hued piped PJs will take you from enjoying French toast sticks at the breakfast table to crunching numbers at your nine-to-five. Pair with a silk cami, ankle-strap heels and a bold red lip for an I-just-woke-up-like-this look.
16. Free People Libson Luxe Velvet Suit ($268): Party right with this elegant velvet suit that’s guaranteed to dazzle once on the dance floor. It’ll fit the bill for a black tie gala and double down for a romantic candlelit dinner with bae. Besides natural confidence (and a glass of Champs in hand), a set of glam chandelier earrings that catches the moonlight just right will be non-negotiable. It goes without saying: Get it, girl!