Detox Your Beauty Routine With 10 Paraben-Free Products
Put the lipstick down, ladies, and read this first. We’re not trying to be the voice of doom here, but since the ’50s, parabens have been widely used in water-based products (like makeup!) to prevent the growth of bacteria and mold. #YUCK. These preservatives are known hormone disruptors — in other words, they alter the hormone levels in our bodies. Thanks to a plethora of skin-loving products on the market, you can easily ditch parabens, sulfates, phthalates and other harsh chemicals. Whether you’re looking for the perfect eyeshadow or a silky smooth foundation that won’t cake, we’ve got 10 products you NEED to try.
1. Urban Decay Naked3 Palette ($54): Dare to get naked with this shimmery eyeshadow palette. From rose-hued neutrals to sultry, micro-glitter blacks, this palette has got it all.
2. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream ($28): Use it on your face or your body — this silky repair cream won’t clog your pores or make you feel greasy. The lightweight cream is not only free of parabens, but is also clear of sulfates and phthalates.
3. Butter LONDON Bespoke Trio ($36): Get festive in these shimmery, holiday shades. These luxe nail lacquers are chip-resistant, formulated with harsh chemicals and create a gorgeous finish that lasts.
activated charcoal bandwagon yet? Get deep cleaning with this charcoal mask to relieve your skin of environmental toxins and reveal pure, radiant skin.
6. Revolution Organics Freedom Glow Beauty Balm ($34): Made with 100% organic ingredients, this all-in-one balm delivers a dewy glow to your face and body.
8. Tarte 12-hour Blush ($26): Made with Amazonian clay, this long-lasting cheek color comes in a range of colors from soft to vivid. Oily skin types rejoice, because Amazonian clay minimizes oil in and around the pores to help balance your skin.
9. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Whiz ($21): Want Instagram-worthy brows like your favorite celeb? This magic pencil defines, shapes and fills your brows for a natural look.
10. Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara ($10): Eco-friendly, chemical-free AND only $10? This anti-clumping mascara is the real deal.