20 Patterned Socks That Will Make You Want to Show Some Ankle
So you have that sweet little pair of classic black ankle boots for fall, but you feel like your look is falling a little flat. We feel you. Sometimes drab fall and winter days lead us to make more conservative and well, frankly, colorless choices when it comes to our wardrobe. But you can still express your creative side by adding a pop of color and pattern with your socks. Just pair them with those new booties to turn heads everywhere you step.
1. Como Te Llamas? Socks ($9): What sparks a friendlier conversation than the friendly llama?
2. Happy Socks Nineties Sock ($12): The dream of the ’90s is alive on your feet. The geometric design and hot colors on these socks practically scream, “Yes, I have watched every episode of Saved By the Bell.”
3. ASOS DESIGN Rose Gold Sequin Sock ($13): Strap on some platforms and get ready to dance. Socks and heels are suddenly becoming the trend du jour, and this sequined pair was made for nights out.
4. Tricky Business Knee Socks ($12): Feeling witchy? So do your feet. Show off your Halloween spirit (or just your inner Sabrina the Teenage Witch) by pairing these knee socks with a pleated skirt for fall.
5. Rainier Striped Crew Socks ($13): These bold red socks aren’t just sporty; they’re specially made for Mount Rainier National Park. But honestly, they’re so stylish you can pull them up in your boots whether you’re in the great outdoors or stomping through the urban jungle.
6. Pupper Lovin’ Socks ($9): Everyone loves puppies, especially adorable little ones that peek out from your ankle boots.
7. Justay Women’s Lace Fishnet Sheer Ankle Dress Socks, Pack of Four ($10): Fishnet socks are having a big moment in 2018, so it’s good that they come in a four-pack. Pair them with treaded boots and a feminine dress for the ultimate “pretty with an edge” look.
8. Holiday Cheers Crew Socks ($12): The holiday season, New Year’s, birthdays, weddings, or hey, even just because it’s Tuesday, sometimes you need a reason to celebrate. And you need the right socks to celebrate in.
9. Out From Under Varsity Striped Thigh High Sock ($14): Feeling a little old-school this season? Try matching these “school uniform” inspired socks with a skirt for a collegiate look for fall.
10. Succulent Crush Socks ($12): Some people love their houseplants so much, it even shows in the clothes they wear. Rock these green, pun-derful socks anywhere you want the world to know about your green thumb.
11. Happy Socks Andy Warhol Banana Sock ($14): Get ready to love these socks so much: They’re bananas. These art-inspired crews come in bright blue or pink, emblazoned with graphic bananas based on one of artist Andy Warhol’s prints.
12. Sloth-Benefit Analysis Socks ($9): Lazing around the house like the almighty sloth never looked so adorable. Even if you don’t put on your shoes today, these socks are an excellent addition to your outfit (even if you’re the only one who sees them).
13. Out From Under Exploded Floral Crew Sock ($14): Just because spring and summer are over doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a nice bouquet. Decorate your feet in beautiful blooms whether the weather be rain, snow, or shine.
14. Be a Deer Socks ($9): These forest green socks sport a wintery landscape with reindeer, foxes, and pine trees to put you in the right mood just in time for the cold weather to roll in.
15. Anthropologie Peacock Crew Socks ($14): No one wears fancy socks to *not* be noticed. Channel your inner peacock by wearing a print that peeks flawlessly from your pant leg.
16. Out From Under Zodiac Crew Sock ($12): Obsessed with your star sign? These socks are customized for your zodiac symbol so you can sport your astrological pride any time.
17. Use Your Robin Socks ($9): You may not be used to “winging it” when it comes to fashion choices, but trust us: These sky blue socks with pretty, little robins on them go great when you wear them with boots (or a casual sneaker) and your favorite denim.
18. Fur the Win Thigh Highs in Brown Fox ($19): How clever will you look when you see yourself in these over-the-knee fox socks? Pretty sly, in our opinion. Show off your quirky style with a cool skirt.
19. Hysteria By Happy Socks Mia Print Knee High Sock ($22): What’s at the other end of the rainbow? These delightful socks, obviously.
20. Full of Themselves Socks ($7): Vibrant, folksy florals of Russian matryoshka dolls make these darling ankle socks a treat to wear. Pair them with ballet flats or Mary Janes to really show them off.
Share your favorite fun socks with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.