Meet Your New Skincare Obsession: Peel Pads and Wipes
When that first hint of cooler fall temps appears on your weather app, it’s officially time to make some seasonal swaps. We’re not just talking about trading your favorite Starbucks Frap for hot lattes or stashing away your summer sandals to make room for fancy flats (though you might want to put those on your fall to-do list too). When it comes to preserving your skin’s healthy summer glow well into the next season, we recommend passing up your basic bottled toner for something a little more serious. Peel pads and wipes are just the thing to battle the parched, dull skin that often comes with fall weather. These skin savers are soaked in powerful, glow-inducing ingredients that will leave your skin looking summer-fresh all autumn long. Plus, they’re way more convenient than toting a bottle of toner and cotton pads. Scroll down to discover your next skincare secret weapon.
1. Somme Institute Transport Pads ($58): These cult-classic pads are a major hit for a reason: science. They’re saturated with vitamins A, C, E, B3 and B5, designed to help improve skin tone and texture, and AHA to gently exfoliate dead cells. Swipe ’em morning and night, right after cleansing and before serums and moisturizers.
2. MALIN+GOETZ Glycolic Acid Pads ($48): The physician-grade glycolic acid on these pads works like a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to thoroughly slough away dead skin. It brings glowy, J.Lo-worthy skin to the surface and won’t interfere with any of the acne treatments or anti-aging products in your regimen. So go ahead and get your glow on, girl!
3. HydroPeptide 5X Power Peel ($68): Why go for one superstar ingredient when you can have five? The cocktail of glycolic acid, lactic acid, salicylic acid, exfoliating peptide and mushroom enzyme team up in a super effective formula yielding brighter skin and a healthier-looking complexion. If you’re having visions of irritated skin due to these powerful ingredients, have no fear — each wipe also includes red and green tea to soothe.
4. L’Oréal Revitalift Bright Reveal Peel Pads ($20): We all have those days when our skin is feeling less bouncy, less radiant and overall just less like you. These little pads are the perfect remedy for lackluster skin that isn’t reaching its glow-tential. Soaked in glycolic acid, these wipes are formulated to whisk away dull dead skin cells and reveal a bright new surface layer. Use them at night, and be sure to follow up with an SPF the next morning.
5. DERMAdoctor Kakadu C™ Intensive Vitamin C Peel Pads With Ferulic Acid & Vitamin E ($78): If you have dark spots, acne scarring or uneven skin tone, then pick up a pack of these. Each wipe is packed with kakadu plum, which DERMAdoctor claims is one of the richest known natural vitamin C sources on Earth. Pro Tip: You can leave one on your skin just as you would a mask for one to three minutes to really soak in the vitamin C goodness.
6. Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Universal Daily Peel ($16): This two-step system doesn’t score rave reviews for nothing. The first step works hard to exfoliate, and the second delivers a heavy dose of anti-aging and nourishing ingredients. The result is a lit-from-within glow that’s seriously stunning. Best of all, this pad is ideal for all skin types, including dry, oily and combination.
7. Glycolix Elite Gly-Sal 10-2 Pads ($22): Word to the wise: This peel pad’s scent is not for the faint of heart. The good news is, once you get past the less-than-pleasant smell, you’ll fall head over heels for the product, which gets the “10-2” in its name from its formula: 10% pure glycolic acid and 2% salicylic acid. This ingredient power couple packs a one-two punch to unclog pores and soothe breakouts. They’re especially great for acne-prone skin types that lean more on the oily side.
8. First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads ($30): By now we all know that glycolic acid is the superhero of at-home peel pad ingredients, but this option also includes lactic acid to safely tone and brighten. Don’t let the standard issue packaging fool you; these little wonders also include a host of exotic ingredients such as Indian gooseberry, licorice root and cucumber, to leave skin looking as radiant as the golden butterfly Snapchat filter.
9. AVON Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel ($22): Devout AVON fans have given this product close to 600 glowing reviews, and some have been using these peel pads for 5-10 years. This budget-friendly option brings the spa to you with soothing botanicals that cleanse and moisturize skin. Glide these over your face two to three times per week to boost your radiance factor.
10. Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Toner Pads ($29): Blemishes are no match for these toner-soaked bamboo pads. These natural beauty wonders will control oil and shine with salicylic acid from willow bark and shrink pores thanks to a dose of witch hazel. One helpful hack is to swipe these post-shave to prevent ingrown hairs, or post-workout to prevent breakouts.
Looking for more beauty products to add your arsenal? Visit our Pinterest for more must-haves.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)