21 Fancy Flats That Are So Good You Might Never Wear Heels Again
Lazy girls, rejoice! We’re truly living in the golden age of throw-on-and-go fashion. With the rise in popularity of athleisure brands (praise hands, amirite?!) and street style stars rockin’ sneakers, looking good now also means looking as laid-back as possible. But if you’re already suffering from Stan Smith burnout or the occasion calls for something a little bit more — ahem — fancy, don’t reach for a pair of heels just yet — it’s officially never been easier to make the case for flats over heels. This season’s crop of flats and low-heeled shoes are effortlessly cool and never fussy, and some pairs are even as polished as the classic sky-high pump (minus the pain). So feel free to keep your heels on the top shelf of your closet for awhile, because we’ve got 21 flats to put into heavy rotation this summer.
1. Zara Lace-Up Ballet Flats ($70): If you dreamed of becoming a ballerina but ended up as a nine-to-fiver, this plié-worthy pick is a great consolation prize. Pair with a micro pleated skirt and off-the-shoulder top to take this look to the main stage.
2. Intentionally Blank Fun Mule ($176): It’s practically impossible to not smile when you look at these sunny mules. Slip ’em on and don’t be surprised if you have a little extra pep in your step. Style these off-duty with skinny denim or add to a structured skirt for glamorous girlboss days.
3. Steve Madden Irenee Sandal ($80): Classic and simple — these minimalist sandals are très French-girl chic. And best of all, this shade of gray will go with almost anything, so feel free to walk the city or gallery hop without sacrificing your sartorial cred.
4. Dolce Vita Delila Sandal ($90): Summer travels call for a flat with support and coverage. We’re wild for the adventurous color combo on this summer sandal.
5. ASOS Glamorous Pointed Toe Embellished Flat ($33): Feeling fancy? This flat adds instant flair to even the Mondayest Monday. Don’t forget that this flat can also pull double duty for after-hours affairs.
7. Free People Hyde Wrap Flat ($138): Feel free to embrace your inner girly-girl when rocking this bubblegum pink pair. (And yes, that means you can totally order French 75s all night.) The delicate lace-up style is giving us all the ballet-meets-city-girl vibes we can handle.
8. Kelsi Dagger Brooklyn Gwen Tassel Loafer ($140): Rose gold loafers prove the preppy look doesn’t have to be boring or cliché. And honestly, who doesn’t love a good tassel? Sport these when you want to add a little borrowed-from-the-boys charm to your everyday femme frocks.
9. Steve Madden Darcie Sandal ($80): A little bit boho, a little bit dressy — these sandals work for bridal showers and music festivals alike. Now how many shoes in your closet can do that?
10. Intentionally Blank Hatter Silver Multi Glitter ($198): Heading to the club? Bench your sky-high stilettos and opt for something a little more down to earth. A dose of glitter keeps the look fab, not frumpy.
11. Chinese Laundry Cut Up Woven Sneaker ($130): Practically born to run errands, these huarache sneakers are the weekend warriors of your shoe rack. Grab these beauties when you want to channel laid-back summertime days by the beach.
12. Nine West Starship Two-Piece Flats ($69) The Mondrian-inspired hues and bold patterns on this daring flat just might have you feeling Art Director-chic. (So don’t be surprised if you start using words like “kern” and “100% K.”)
13. Free People Royale Flat ($198): Half boot, half sandal, 100% cool girl. Pair these with skinny jeans and a white button-down shirt to elevate the look.
14. Banana Republic Adana Flat ($118): These prim and proper flats add a fresh flair to professional styles. Nab a pair in hunter green to get a jump-start on the season’s coveted hue.
15. Glamorous Tassel Fringed Loafers ($46): These high-gloss loafers are proof that the silhouette isn’t passé at all. Don a pair with your classic LBD for a twist on the monochrome look.
16. Restricted Well-Stepped Flat ($55): Cheers to printed flats that pack a punch. Bring on the d’orsay silhouette for next-level comfort when gearing up for an evening of rooftop cocktails and happy hour-hopping.
17. Carvela Groove Pink Embellished Block Heeled Sandal ($178): “Obsessed” doesn’t even begin to cover our feelings about this shoe. With delicate satin and stunning embellishments, this little heel is what dreams are made of.
18. J.Crew Slingback Flats ($178): Think slingbacks only work for a season full of picnics and cookouts? Think again. These puppies are destined for fall with office-friendly OOTDs and brunch time with your ladies.
19. ASOS STARDOM Embellished Heels ($65): Shine bright, stay comfortable. Low block heels are the secret to dance-floor success.
20. ASOS MERMAID Embellished Flats ($57): This pair offers a cool mix of girly and tomboy styles. The weighty, menswear-inspired sole is balanced by sweet floral embellishments for lazy sundays or down-to-business ensembles.
21. Jeffrey Campbell Amour Suede Flats ($120): With the perfect combo of trend-right tassels and lace-up detailing, these flats are destined to be your next hero pair. Reach for these when it’s only Tuesday, but you could really use a little Friday in your life.
Want more shoes to sport this fall? Check us out on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.