Friendsgiving is *the* best. You get to spend quality time with those you think of as basically family without actually having to deal with awkward family drama. With it being such an awesome tradition, it’s hardly a surprise to hear that there are more than 500k Friendsgiving ideas saved on Pinterest. So if you’re planning on playing hostess this year, save yourself the trouble of scrolling endlessly through your favorite inspo feed and check out this list of Pinterest’s top six Friendsgiving trends. It’s short, simple and definitely worth a look (you can thank us later).
1. Make it official with invites. Invite friends over with some stylish online invitations you can personalize in a number of ways. Pick out the perfect color and shape, then enter in your deets. And voila, with minimal effort, you’ve just knocked one off your Friendsgiving prep to-do list! (via Minted)
2. Display casual, organic tablescapes. Swing by your local Walmart for $3 kraft mailing paper to create this cheap ‘n’ chic tablescape. Using a marker, draw out plates and flatware and hand letter each of your guests’ names. For a chalkboard-inspired look, do the same using black kraft paper and chalk. (via Lemon Thistle)
3. Set up a Friendsgiving photo booth. Put together an extra festive photo booth backdrop to really kick off your Friendsgiving festivities and ensure Insta-worthy photos. Create garlands made of real or faux fall leaves, add a pumpkin and throw in some fun photo booth props for the final touch. (via Pinterest)
4. Bar carts are the new mantel. No worries if your place doesn’t come with a fireplace. Just transfer all the festive decorations meant for the mantel onto a bar cart! Set up your drink station with copper mugs which practically scream fall, and spruce it up with natural decor like pumpkins and fall leaves. (via Pizzazzerie)
5. Achieve #SquashGoals. Marbling anything is guaranteed to make it Insta-chic. So whip up these DIY marbled pumpkins for your Friendsgiving to have it looking its best. All you’ll need is some faux white pumpkins and indigo blue nail polish! (via Alice & Lois)
6. Create thoughtful conversation starters. Break the ice with fun conversation starters like these “I’m Thankful” cards. They’re just what’s needed to get the conversation going, especially if you have friends who haven’t met before. Just slip the cards into the free printable utensil holder envelopes, which can also be used as favor holders. (via Yellow Bliss Road)
Want more entertaining ideas for the ultimate Friendsgiving? Follow us on Pinterest.