Freaked Out While Flying? 12 Products That Will Help Calm Your Nerves
Air travel can be uncomfortable for most people, let alone those that struggle with flight anxiety. Experts say that the best way to deal with freaking out at 30,000 feet is to get yourself mentally and physically ready before you step on the tarmac. For example, try to buy your plane ticket well ahead of time, choose the seat that makes you feel most comfortable and learn some in-flight yoga exercises to stay relaxed. Using pro tips to pack your carry-on so that you know exactly where everything is will also make your flight feel more predictable. But don’t just pack the common travel essentials like an extra sweater and a toothbrush — take these 12 products with you to really kick your flight anxiety’s butt.
3. Snuggie Hoodie Travel Neck Pillow ($25): When you’re high in the sky, sometimes the best thing you can do to calm down is take a nap. This Snuggie travel neck pillow is ultra-plush and comes with a convenient hoodie to make you feel more secure.
5. Brit + Co. Modern Crochet Kit ($39): Keep your hands and mind busy on a long flight by packing this all-inclusive modern crochet kit. Not only will it keep your mind occupied learning a new skill, but you’ll also have a cute DIY bowl by the end of the trip!
6. Very Cherry Minimergency Kit ($16): An in-flight hang nail, small cut or accidental red wine stain can definitely add to your already heightened state of mind. Pack this fully stocked Minimergency Kit to combat just about every beauty and small emergency you can think of.
7. Perpetual Shade Don’t Worry Beyoncé Sleep Mask ($69): Channel your inner Bey while you get some relaxing zees with this stunning sleep mask by Perpetual Shade.
9. Modcloth Beauteous Backup Battery Pack in Colorblock ($35): With so many awesome relaxing apps and jams on our smartphones, it’s an absolute necessity to keep our lifelines charged during a long-haul flight. This colorblock backup battery pack charges an iPhone 5 up to 80 percent and an iPhone 6 up to 50 percent for maximum chill time.
11. Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones ($300): Whether the person beside you is super chatty or you just need a little break from the constant air conditioning hum, these Bose QuietComfort 25 headphones are totally worth their hefty price tag since they almost perfectly block out unwanted noise.
12. Bad Ass Whipped Body Butter ($10): Say goodbye to the dry cracked skin that drives you crazy on a long-haul flight. This awesomely titled and super moisturizing body butter will give you all the confidence you need to be a badass flyer.