20 Ways to Dip Your Wedding Day in Dots
In theory, wedding planning should be totally fun. Cake, stylish invitations, centerpieces… all things we love. But even if you’re the chillest of chill brides, all the grunt work can quickly become daunting. That’s why we’re all for a themed wedding! But not like the cheesy tropical kind. Think more of a crisp striped ceremony or a day dipped in gold. Adding a theme can make planning elements so much simpler. No longer will you blindly browse wedding invites — you need a geometric wedding invite, and you need it now. If you’re on the hunt for a sweet and simple theme, a polka dot wedding is the solution for you, my dear!
3. Polka Dot Wedding Invitation ($73+): We love the human touch these imperfect dots give this invite. Not to mention the customizable envelopes and striped interior.
4. Polka Dot Mary Janes ($100): If you’re not up for a polka dotted dress but still want to incorporate the playful pattern into your outfit, shoes are the perfect way to do it. You can easily hide them under your dress or pull it up a bit to show them off!
5. Striped and Dotted Thank You Notes: Polka dots and stripes work together in a way that nobody can really explain. Both patterns are so simple, yet somehow when they come together it’s visual magic. (via Ruffled Blog)
8. Pom Pom Balloons: Because nothing says party quite like balloons. Add some color to your wedding palette with this quick balloon DIY. Use all different colors for something playful, or just one for a more refined look. (via Design Improvised)
9. Polka Dot Lanterns: Ditch the disco lamp, these cute lighting fixtures are all you need for your big day. If you can’t find any lanterns in a polka dot print, just grab some paint! This would be a super simple DIY project. (via Perfect Palette)
11. Paper Vases: If you’re looking to make your own centerpieces, this is a cheap, easy option. Find a milk jug/mason jar/thrift store vase (whatever works!) and use a fun colored washi tape to attach a paper printout. (via Weddings by Lily)
12. Gold Foil Polka Dot Backdrop: Because everyone knows nothing fun happened unless you Instagrammed it. Give guests a fun backdrop for getting their silly on. To create your own, simply cut out gold foil or contact paper circles and arrange them on a colored background of your choosing. (via Brit + Co)
13. Polka Dot Garland: Holy Mother of color! Sometimes bright, large polka dots like this can look a little cartoonish, but it totally works here. If it’s still a little bright for your taste just tone it down by only using two or three colors. (via Style Me Pretty)
14. Light Purple Paper Straws ($2+): That open bar is great. But you know what would make it even better? If you could be slurping down those free gin and tonics with an adorable dotted straw.
18. Polka Dot Aisle: So you really want to go for the polka dot theme? Do it big with a spotted aisle! We’re not totally sure how this stays in tact while the bride struts to center stage, but it sure does look pretty. (via Colin Cowie Weddings)
What do you think about a themed wedding? Any cool theme ideas you know of?
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.