14 Empowering Products to Help Celebrate International Women’s Day
March is Women’s History Month, and March 8 is International Women’s Day, which is the best time to celebrate women and their stories all over the world. Or to honor the ones who are making a difference for you at home. In honor of these history-making women, we’ve rounded up products from companies that are doing their part to support women on this important day. Take a look at some of these empowering products, and you might get inspired to celebrate the day by giving a special woman a well-deserved gift.
1. Ban.do X Realm ‘Strong Female Lead’ Tee ($38): We all know that the best movies have strong female leads, and even though she doesn’t have a biopic, you can attest that she’s the strongest leading lady you know. This fun t-shirt, by the woman-founded company ban.do, honors her ability to be a role model.
2. Dazey LA ‘Women Are Art’ Circle Tote ($45): Designer Dani Dazey is all about eco-friendly and ethically made products to showcase her designs. Inspired by the beauty of women everywhere, this circle tote isn’t just a handy bag for everyday use, it’s also a celebration of sisterhood.
3. C’est Moi Visionary Make Up Set ($69): In honor of Women’s History Month, C’est Moi is donating 20 percent of all their sales on cestmoi.com to the Step Up Women’s Network, a national nonprofit that connects professional women with underserved teen girls through mentoring, networking, and advancement. You can get all kinds of quality make up items, including this bold set complete with an eye palette, cheek palette, two eye crayons, one lip crayon, and lip gloss.
4. Bozarthicus Female Civil Rights Activists Postcard Set ($20): Celebrate the lives of nine remarkable women of the Civil Rights Movement, including Coretta Scott King, Diane Nash, and Rosa Parks. Etsy has rounded up women-centric items for its “Fearless Women Capsule Collection.”
5. In the Country We Love: My Family Divided by Diane Guerrero and Michelle Burford Audiobook ($20): TV actress Diane Guerrero’s memoir of when her parents were detained and deported when she was only 14 is a moving tale about resilience and personal triumph. But most of all, it’s a story that shines a light on the struggles of undocumented residents in the US, especially women. In honor of Women’s History Month, Audible is elevating and celebrating women-fronted books.
6. Parker Clay Mimi Shoulder Bag ($238): This bag was made as a collaboration with actress Mandy Moore, who was also a demonstrator at the Los Angeles 2017 Women’s March and is a vocal proponent of the #MeToo movement and TIME’S UP campaign. Parker Clay’s second Ethiopian factory, which is comprised of 80 percent women, also partners with the non-profit organization Ellilta – Women at Risk.
7. The Better Skin Co. Mirakle Cream ($34): This skin-loving, all purpose face cream is a great way of pampering the special women in your life. Plus, for International Women’s Day, The Better Skin Co. is donating 100 percent of sales from their Mirakle Cream to the ACLU to help elevate women through economic opportunities and educational equity, as well as fighting to end gender-based violence.
8. Wren + Glory ‘Powerful’ Denim Jacket ($395): Woman-founded fashion brand Wren+Glory brings wearable art to the masses through its gorgeous apparel for women, men, and kids. This painted denim jacket is inspired by powerful women and is made to order.
9. Wildfang Shirley Chisolm Tee ($40): Women-founded and women-led brand Wildfang salutes women 24/7/365. This bright t-shirt was inspired by Civil Rights activist Shirley Chisolm’s famous quote, “If they don’t give you a seat at the table, bring a folding chair,” and a percentage of sales gives back to Black Girls Code.
10. Of A Kind Round 5 Cashmere Sweater ($380): Take your enthusiasm to the next level with this super-soft, 100 percent cashmere sweater. A portion of the proceeds for every sweater sold go to Her Justice, an organization that helps women living in poverty in NYC, many of whom are survivors of domestic violence, by offering legal help provided by volunteer lawyers. That’s really something to get enthusiastic about.
11. Joy Complex Malala Yousafzai Soft Enamel Pin ($10+): Pakistani activist and the youngest Nobel Prize laureate, Malala Yousafzai, has inspired women and girls all over the world. Now you can display your appreciation for this groundbreaking young woman in a small way with this beautiful pin. This item is also part of Etsy’s “Fearless Women Capsule Collection.”
12. Jungalow Duet Hook Pillow by Justina Blakeney ($45): This colorful pillow with fun and quirky details, designed by Justina Blakeney, is inspired by sisterhood and elevating the women around you. Jungalow, a women-fronted company, strives to bring high-quality products to customers that will encourage good vibes, creativity, and joy.
13. SodaStream “SHE” Reusable Bottle ($25): Have your bubbles be eco-friendly. This limited-edition bottle celebrates women who have changed the world, and all proceeds go to the female empowerment organizations and programs.
14. Jaybird Tarah Sport Headphones ($100): These Bluetooth headphones will keep up with your workout and support young women in Ethiopia. For every pair of headphones sold on the site in March, $5 will be donated the Girls Gotta Run Foundation, which aims to empower girls through running. Every $75 raised provides one girl with a full running kit.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.