Serve Up This Spiked Pumpkin Hot Chocolate For All Your Fall Gatherings
Cozy fall days and nights are here and we are ready for it with cute and colorful fall sweaters, cuddle-inducing bedding, and of course warm drinks like this Slow Cooker Pumpkin Hot Chocolate spiked with pumpkin puree and spice, plus rum if you'd like. Boozy or not, this cuppa hot cocoa will be the perfect beverage for any fall gathering, from fire pit nights and Halloween festivities through Friendsgiving – just set it on warm for all to enjoy. Extra credit: Go all out and turn it into a hot chocolate bar so guests can choose their favorite HC toppings. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Spiked Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
- 2 1/2 cups milk (full-fat canned coconut milk also works)
- 5 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces dark chocolate bar, chopped
- 4 ounces dark rum
- Whipped cream, to top
- Cacao nibs, to top
How to Make Spiked Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
- Place all of the ingredients, except the rum and toppings, in a slow cooker. Lightly whisk the ingredients so that they are mixed together.
- Set the slow cooker on low for 2 hours and cover with a lid. Check the mixture at 1 hour and 30 minutes to make sure the hot chocolate is not boiling. Stir the ingredients together with a whisk to get a creamy consistency.
- Once the hot chocolate is melted together, turn the slow cooker to the warm setting. Add in the rum prior to serving, then top each with whipped cream and cacao nibs, if desired.