9 Rain Boots to Get You Through Fall That Aren’t Hunters
Having to commute to work on a rainy day is the absolute worst. Here you are, just trying to be the boss babe you know you’re destined to be, when Mother Nature interrupts with a downpour. You have to contend with the dreary weather, but also trudge through the slush and mud on the way, resulting in wet socks and a broken spirit. So. Much. Yuck. Worse, you’ve noticed that like, every single woman you work with has the same pair of Hunter rain boots. How boring is that? A rainy day doesn’t have to be such a downer, though. Show everyone you’re way beyond #basic by donning some wellies that stand out from the crowd. Here are nine rain boot options that are just as good as Hunters and won’t cramp your rainy-day style.
1. UGG Sienna Rain Boot ($65): Yep, your favorite shearling boot brand also makes wellies. These glossy stompers are also lined with a furry inside, so your tootsies will stay dry and warm no matter the weather.
2. Chooka Top Solid Mid Rain Boot ($65): Brighten up any gloomy day with these teal mid-calf boots. They come in lovely-sounding colors like Marigold, Jade and Eggplant to complement your nine-to-five style.
3. L.L. Bean Bean Boots ($119): If you need to keep your feet dry and warm all season long, go with a classic option like these beloved duck boots. L.L Bean has been hand-making these babies for over 100 years, so clearly they know what they’re doing.
4. Glamorous Floral Print Lace Up Wellington ($31): We get it — you think rain boots are more snoozy than street style. Luckily, this pair featuring a pretty floral pattern is anything but plain. They’d look positively pretty with leggings or skinnies.
5. JOULES Evedon Rain Boot ($165): Supposedly it rains all the jolly time across the pond, so trust that this UK brand knows how to make a solid welly. Plus, they come with bows. It doesn’t get cuter than that.
6. J.Crew Matte Chelsea Rain Boots ($68): Not all rain boots need to look the part. Case in point: these matte-finished Chelsea-style booties that are cute enough to wear rain or shine. Keep things classy with this sleek option that would look divine with a wrap dress and tights.
7. Merona Kyra Tall Rainboots ($35): Don’t blow your entire budget on wellies, ladies — at least not when you have the option of buying these cute AF steppers. These tall boots are easy on the eyes and your wallet. They also are laced with a pretty bow to keep you looking stylish in the glum weather.
8. Helly Hansen Veierland Rain Boot ($80): Helly Hansen is known for their boss outdoor gear, so you’ll want to give their rain boots a try. The painted flower pattern is so adorbs, plus they’re designed to slide easily on and off your feet FTW.
9. Kamik Sharon Lo ($55): If you’re more of a sneakers type of gal, you’ll appreciate the design of these comfortable rubber boots. The cheery yellow color is guaranteed to brighten up your mood, no matter the weather.
Need some more workday looks? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.