9 Rain Boots to Get You Through Fall That Aren’t Hunters
Having to commute to work on a rainy day is the absolute worst. Here you are, just trying to be the boss babe you know you’re destined to be, when Mother Nature interrupts with a downpour. You have to contend with the dreary weather, but also trudge through the slush and mud on the way, resulting in wet socks and a broken spirit. So. Much. Yuck. Worse, you’ve noticed that like, every single woman you work with has the same pair of Hunter rain boots. How boring is that? A rainy day doesn’t have to be such a downer, though. Show everyone you’re way beyond #basic by donning some wellies that stand out from the crowd. Here are nine rain boot options that are just as good as Hunters and won’t cramp your rainy-day style.
1. UGG Sienna Rain Boot ($65): Yep, your favorite shearling boot brand also makes wellies. These glossy stompers are also lined with a furry inside, so your tootsies will stay dry and warm no matter the weather.
2. Chooka Top Solid Mid Rain Boot ($65): Brighten up any gloomy day with these teal mid-calf boots. They come in lovely-sounding colors like Marigold, Jade and Eggplant to complement your nine-to-five style.
3. L.L. Bean Bean Boots ($119): If you need to keep your feet dry and warm all season long, go with a classic option like these beloved duck boots. L.L Bean has been hand-making these babies for over 100 years, so clearly they know what they’re doing.
4. Glamorous Floral Print Lace Up Wellington ($31): We get it — you think rain boots are more snoozy than street style. Luckily, this pair featuring a pretty floral pattern is anything but plain. They’d look positively pretty with leggings or skinnies.
5. JOULES Evedon Rain Boot ($165): Supposedly it rains all the jolly time across the pond, so trust that this UK brand knows how to make a solid welly. Plus, they come with bows. It doesn’t get cuter than that.
6. J.Crew Matte Chelsea Rain Boots ($68): Not all rain boots need to look the part. Case in point: these matte-finished Chelsea-style booties that are cute enough to wear rain or shine. Keep things classy with this sleek option that would look divine with a wrap dress and tights.
7. Merona Kyra Tall Rainboots ($35): Don’t blow your entire budget on wellies, ladies — at least not when you have the option of buying these cute AF steppers. These tall boots are easy on the eyes and your wallet. They also are laced with a pretty bow to keep you looking stylish in the glum weather.
8. Helly Hansen Veierland Rain Boot ($80): Helly Hansen is known for their boss outdoor gear, so you’ll want to give their rain boots a try. The painted flower pattern is so adorbs, plus they’re designed to slide easily on and off your feet FTW.
9. Kamik Sharon Lo ($55): If you’re more of a sneakers type of gal, you’ll appreciate the design of these comfortable rubber boots. The cheery yellow color is guaranteed to brighten up your mood, no matter the weather.