Having to commute to work on a rainy day is the absolute worst. Here you are, just trying to be the boss babe you know you’re destined to be, when Mother Nature interrupts with a downpour. You have to contend with the dreary weather, but also trudge through the slush and mud on the way, resulting in wet socks and a broken spirit. So. Much. Yuck. Worse, you’ve noticed that like, every single woman you work with has the same pair of Hunter rain boots. How boring is that? A rainy day doesn’t have to be such a downer, though. Show everyone you’re way beyond #basic by donning some wellies that stand out from the crowd. Here are nine rain boot options that are just as good as Hunters and won’t cramp your rainy-day style.
1. UGG Sienna Rain Boot ($65): Yep, your favorite shearling boot brand also makes wellies. These glossy stompers are also lined with a furry inside, so your tootsies will stay dry and warm no matter the weather.
2. Chooka Top Solid Mid Rain Boot ($65): Brighten up any gloomy day with these teal mid-calf boots. They come in lovely-sounding colors like Marigold, Jade and Eggplant to complement your nine-to-five style.
3. L.L. Bean Bean Boots ($119): If you need to keep your feet dry and warm all season long, go with a classic option like these beloved duck boots. L.L Bean has been hand-making these babies for over 100 years, so clearly they know what they’re doing.
4. Glamorous Floral Print Lace Up Wellington ($31): We get it — you think rain boots are more snoozy than street style. Luckily, this pair featuring a pretty floral pattern is anything but plain. They’d look positively pretty with leggings or skinnies.
5. JOULES Evedon Rain Boot ($165): Supposedly it rains all the jolly time across the pond, so trust that this UK brand knows how to make a solid welly. Plus, they come with bows. It doesn’t get cuter than that.
6. J.Crew Matte Chelsea Rain Boots ($68): Not all rain boots need to look the part. Case in point: these matte-finished Chelsea-style booties that are cute enough to wear rain or shine. Keep things classy with this sleek option that would look divine with a wrap dress and tights.
7. Merona Kyra Tall Rainboots ($35): Don’t blow your entire budget on wellies, ladies — at least not when you have the option of buying these cute AF steppers. These tall boots are easy on the eyes and your wallet. They also are laced with a pretty bow to keep you looking stylish in the glum weather.
8. Helly Hansen Veierland Rain Boot ($80): Helly Hansen is known for their boss outdoor gear, so you’ll want to give their rain boots a try. The painted flower pattern is so adorbs, plus they’re designed to slide easily on and off your feet FTW.
9. Kamik Sharon Lo ($55): If you’re more of a sneakers type of gal, you’ll appreciate the design of these comfortable rubber boots. The cheery yellow color is guaranteed to brighten up your mood, no matter the weather.
Need some more workday looks? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.