You guys — in the U.S., June marks the biggest rainbow-flag-flying month of the year. It’s Pride! And whether you’re watching the parade in your city or having your own fete of freedom, the technicolor dream is alive. We’ve got some of our favorite ways to rock the rainbow, from floral arrangements, to stylish accessories, paper garlands, a few sprinkles and some colorful recipes. Happy Pride, y’all!
1. Clouds of Buttercream: First things first — a show stopper. Deck out your party with a pretty layered cake with buttercream frosting and rainbow-colored candy “brickwork” and watch them swoon. (via Catch My Party)
3. Rainbow Tumbler Glasses ($48): It’s time to get rid of those red party cups and boost your bar cart in a big way with this set of four tumblers with rainbow detailing.
5. Rainbow Cutoff Shorts ($58): Oh ombre, you’ve done it again! Rock these cutoffs with your favorite tee or wear them with your favorite swimsuit at the beach.
7. Yarn Bottles: Honestly, this wouldn’t take as long as you think it might, and the effect is so pretty! We love the softer take on the rainbow colors and the fact that all the white flowers keep the tablescape colorful, but still delicate. (via The Wedding Chicks)
8. DIY Gift Boxes: Perfect for little gifts of jewelry or other tiny treats, this diamond gift box printable is free. They are so easy to make, you might even consider folding a bunch of them to make a garland. (via Lines Across)
9. Rainbow Crop Top ($14): Proudly display summer’s ultimate goal with crazy technicolor rainbow colors; wear them with high waisted shorts or jeans for a casual look.
10. Paper Heart Garland: Paper decorations are wonderful in that they are cheap and extremely versatile. After your party, simply fold them up, and keep them for next year’s celebration! (via Studio DIY)
11. Rainbow Striped Bag ($34): A cool take on the rainbow colors without getting too cheesy.
13. Floral Rainbow: What a clever idea to use two vases and fresh flowers to get the rainbow look! From purple hydrangeas to orange tulips and pink roses, this is definitely a statement piece. (via One Charming Party)
14. Rainbow Backdrop: No party is complete without a photo backdrop, and this one is about as easy as it gets: Just hang rainbow colored paper garlands from the ceiling. The umbrella is a fun touch to give the illusion of rainy days with sunny rainbow accents. (via The Wedding Chicks)
16. Rainbow Statement Necklace ($26): This blingy necklace rocks those rainbow colors in a big, big way!
17. Sherbert Sweater ($109): A seriously awesome cable knit featuring a pastel rainbow print and distressed shredding for an oversized fit — style this laid-back look with a sleek pair of jeans or combat boots.
19. Technicolor Aviators ($14): See life through rainbow-colored lenses with hip sunglasses. These black aviators feature rainbow tinted lenses and UV protection. They’d look awesome with a pair of high-waisted black jeans and a white tee.
20. Rainbow Pendant ($44): Proving a rainbow can be elegant, this long pendant hangs on a gold chain, suggesting that you are in fact that treasure at the end of the rainbow?
21. Rainbow Soda Station: Here’s a fabulous party feature that adults and kids will enjoy equally. You could make your own labels or just stock up on all the colorful, old-timey sodas that are out there right now. (via Lindsay Landman Events)
22. Rainbow Swirl Vase ($14): Adding a bright pop of color no matter where you put it, this vase looks awesome by itself, or as part of a whole table setting.
24. Rainbow Tapestry ($44): A woven cotton tapestry topped with an abstract graphic print in those big, bold colors we love, it’s the perfect piece for topping off your bed, wall, couch or favorite chair and makes a great beach blanket, too!
25. Floral Centerpiece: Finally, we can appreciate those unnaturally neon flowers from the grocery store! Break up a bunch of bouquets for a stunning and inexpensive array of color all the way down your table. (via The Wedding Chicks)
26. Small Rainbow Chandelier ($98): An acrylic jeweled chandelier proudly showing off every color in the rainbow for a funky, antique look.
28. Rainbow Striped Arch: Go crazy with paper garlands from the dollar store with everything from triangle bunting hanging in the tress to making a colorful entrance and wrapping an arch in rainbow stripes. (via Style Me Pretty)
Are you rocking a Pride party this weekend? Let us know in the comments below!