26 Sprinkle Recipes for the Color-Obsessed Baker
Close your eyes and picture this: sprinkles everywhere. Like, it’s seriously raining sprinkles. They are peppering your world with vibrant hues of every color of the rainbow. Isn’t it nice? Okay, this dream might be (just a little) unrealistic. But the here and now is that color is in. And you know we love color — like, a lot. Which is why we feel kinda like a kid in a candy shop right now. We’re embracing colorful sprinkles like never before. Get in on the fun with these 26 colorful sprinkle recipes.
1. Homemade Oreos Ice Cream Sandwiches: Chocolate cookies never looked so good. Raise your hand if these ice-cream-loaded sammies are making your mouth water. We thought so. Welcome, fellow Oreo addicts! (via Food Family Finds)
2. Tiny Donuts: Who knew that Cheerios could be so glam? Each Cheerio “donut” is carefully frosted with a toothpick and topped off with a pinch of sprinkles. What a great way to add instant pizzazz to a cake (or your morning bowl of breakfast cereal). (via Studio DIY)
3. Cake Batter Milkshakes: Surprise, it’s your birthday! Because this cake batter milkshake makes every day party worthy. Quick tip: The extreme sprinkle garnishing is a must. So fun! (via Cooking Classy)
4. BaNilla Sandwich Cookies: Two dozen of these popable, sprinkle-coated sandwich cookies can be whipped up in 10 minutes. Even better, they’re the perfect bite size, so you won’t feel guilty about consuming more than one… or two…. or 1o. (via Bakers Royale)
5. Chocolate Party Spoons: Are you a primary-color sprinkles person… are you into pastels… or is it the metallic sprinkle baubles the kind that bring a gleam to your eye? There’s no right answer here, because when you make sprinkled party spoons, any and every sprinkle works its magic. (via Sweetapolita)
6. Chocolate Shortbread Heart Cookies: Our heart is going pitter-patter over these chocolate shortbreads. They’re simple and sweet, but the decorating possibilities are endless, so use your creativity — and lots of sprinkles. (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
7. Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats: Rice Krispie treats are one of those magical foods that give us an instant happy high. This version amps up the color with strawberry marshmallows and — you guessed it — sprinkles. (via My Baking Addiction)
8. Heart-Shaped Chocolate Dipped Soft Pretzels: This recipe proves that everything’s better with sprinkles. Soft, warm pretzels become an epic treat when dipped in chocolate ganache and peppered with the colorful garnishes. (via Baker by Nature)
9. Ice Cream Cone Macarons: How freaking adorable are these baby ice-cream macrons? They’re mini works of art. Make them for your foodie friends, and you’ll achieve instant “dessert maven” status. (via Raspberri Cupcakes)
10. Homemade Pop Tarts: This is one popular Pinterecipe that you need to make ASAP. Pop Tarts are always yummy, but they’re yummiest homemade. Rainbow sprinkles take the treat to whole new level. (via Everything is Poetry)
11. Bakery Style Meringue Cookies: One of the most beautiful things about baking is taking a few simple ingredients and turning them into something amazing. Eggs, sugar, water, and lemon zest are the only ingredients needed for these bakery-style beauties! (via The Moon Blush Baker)
12. Banana Split Eclairs: Everything about these cutie patooties is sweet.We need them in our life STAT. The best part: colorful sprinkles and — plop! — a bright, juicy cherry on top. (via Bakers Royale)
13. Strawberry Milk Whoopie Pies: Two things. First, these strawberry stunners are unbelievably easy to make. Second, they’re the most beautiful little things you’ve ever seen. Pretty in pink takes on a whole new meaning. (via Sprinkle Bakes)
16. Sprinkled Donut Pops: Next time you’re headed to a party, take along a bouquet of these sprinkle-bedazzled donuts. They’ll disappear faster than you can say “bedazzled donut pops.” (via 100 Layer Cakelet)
18. Pink and White Layered Sprinkle Cake with Macarons: This color blocked cake is exploding with sprinkles! And as if we weren’t already hyped about using the words “color blocked” and “sprinkles” in the same sentence… add macarons. Sprinkle-coated macrons. (via Raspberri Cupcakes)
19. Mini Banana Split Cakes: This cake might be a little over the top. But here’s the truth: over-the-top cakes are always the best. A banana-caramel cake is the unexpected foundation for this carnival-colored beauty. Make the cake, then load it up with copious amounts of your fave banana-split toppings, plus sprinkles in every shape, size, and color. (via Sugar Hero)
21. Birthday Sprinkle Pancakes: Never underestimate the power of sprinkles. Ever. A stack of sprinkled, sugar-glazed pancakes might be just the thing to get you out of bed in the morning. (via Such Pretty Things)
23. Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies: That boxed cake mix in your cupboard plus this recipe is the answer to your lazy-girl chocoholic prayers. It’s so simple. Add M&M pieces if you’re really digging chocolate. (Do it!) (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
25. Ice Cream Sandwich Sticks: When you want sweets but aren’t in the mood to bake, ice cream sandwiches are a yummy solution. Jazz them up with a popsicle stick and sprinkles. (via By Stephanie Lynn)
26. Chocolate Covered Pretzels: Need a party-worthy sweet? Simply coat pretzels in chocolate, sprinkle, then bake. Voila! Instant party in a pan. (Hint: These make great favors too.) (via Sugar Cooking)
Do you love to play with sprinkles? Dish about your fave sprinkled sweets in the comments!
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.