You may have noticed a celery look-a-like popping up at your farmers’ market and grocery stores lately. But it happens to be more pink and tart than celery, and you’d probably rather have this in a dessert than a soup. What’s this mysterious fruit/vegetable, you ask? Rhubarb! Traditionally, rhubarb was mainly found in pies and other desserts, but now these pink and green stalks are showing up in breakfast meals, meat sauces, pasta dishes, you name it. We know you’ve looked at it, hesitated and didn’t buy it, but now is the time. We have 20 recipes just waiting for you to be brave and add rhubarb to your basket.
1. Rhubarb Macarons: Along with an excellent recipe for rhubarb macarons, you will get the ten commandments to not botch your next batch. These cookies are fickle, so we suggest reading all ten of them before starting in. (via Brave Tart)
3. Rhubarb Flan and Pistachio Crumble Tart: This tart is made with vanilla bean sugar dough, poached rhubarb, vanilla bean flan and pistachio crumble. A combination we wouldn’t have thought of, but we’re glad that someone did! (via Canelle et Vanille)
4. Rhubarb Ginger Scones: Rhubarb makes a great addition to your breakfast routine. A batch of these scones can be made in advance to allow for one more snooze-button sesh each weekday. (via Lynsey Loves Food)
8. Noodles With Kale and Spicy Rhubarb Sauce: If you’ve only had rhubarb covered in sugar, it’s time to expand your horizons. The tartness of rhubarb combined with a sweetness of honey and spice is worth a try. (via Naturally Ella)
9. Rhubarb Basil Cocktail: Make a rhubarb simple syrup that can be used in any cocktail this summer! Partnering it with basil, vodka and club soda might be the best way to drink it. (via Pixels + Crumbs)
10. Rhubarb Ice Cream With Pistachio Chunks: There is a solution for dairy-free ice cream lovers! And it comes in the form of rhubarb ice cream with a hint of coconut and non-processed sugar. (via What’s Cooking, Good Looking?)
14. Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream Sandwiches: Ice cream stuffed between two cookies is a winner in everyone’s book. Brown butter cookies with strawberry rhubarb ice cream filling is no different. (via Buttercream Blondie)
18. Rhubarb Greek Yogurt Popsicles: You’re going to need some popsicles soon (if not already) to cool you down from the summer heat. Might as well make ‘em healthy with some Greek yogurt and rhubarb. (via The View From Great Island)
How do you sneak rhubarb into your recipes? Let us know in the comments below!