While we’re not entirely sure if rhubarb is a fruit or a vegetable or something else completely, we are sure of one thing: it’s delicious. The unique flavor adds variety to our summertime eats and we can’t help wanting to add it to everything. These 12 concoctions range from drinks to desserts to meals, but they all feature our righteous red rock star of the moment: rhubarb.
1. Mandarin and Rhubarb Macarons: Not only are these little guys gorgeous, they also pack the killer flavors of mandarin and rhubarb into one finger-friendly dessert. (Recipe and photo: Raspberri Cupcakes)
2. Rosemary Rhubarb Grapefruit Cocktail: This slightly unexpected mix of flavors works together to create a delicious, summery cocktail. (Recipe and photo: BowlLicking)
3. Rhubarb Meringue Tart: We love seeing that pretty pink-red color peeking out from under the meringue of these tarts. (Recipe and photo: Merci Mama)
4. Mini Strawberry Rhubarb Tarts: Another take on the “mini rhubarb tart” theme, these bite-sized beauties are as delicious as they are adorable. (Recipe and photo: Betty Crocker)
5. Rhubarb Cupcakes: Rhubarb takes the cupcake world by storm with these tasteful treats. And did we mention they’re vegan? Awesome. (Recipe and photo: BitterSweet Blog)
6. Spicy Rhubarb Soup: We’re loving summertime soups these days: They’re filling enough for a meal but light enough to beat the heat. (Recipe and photo: Almond Corner)
7. Rhubarb-White Chocolate Souffle: This is one of those things we dream about: white chocolate and rhubarb… in a souffle!? We’re literally drooling at the decadence. (Recipe and photo: Zen Can Cook)
8. Orangeade and Rhubarb Granita: On a hot summer day, this cold and refreshing recipe is like a dream come true. (Recipe and photo: At Down Under)
9. Cranberry Orange Rhubarb Popsicle: Summertime and the living is easy. With just a splash of tequila, these popsicles are refreshing and the perfect amount boozy. (Recipe and photo: Local Kitchen)
10. Rhubarb Bellinis: Yes, we know, another cocktail? We can’t help it: Rhubarb makes for some insanely good cocktail recipes. This twist on the classic bellini has us licking our lips. (Recipe and photo: Family Style Food)
11. Raspberry Rhubarb Pie: While strawberry and rhubarb are a pretty classic combo for a reason, we love the raspberry-rhubarb power duo. And we couldn’t resist the geeky cuteness of this pi(e). (Recipe and photo: Blondie and Brownie)
12. Strawberry Rhubarb Shortcake: What’s better than strawberry shortcake? Strawberry rhubarb shortcake. (Recipe and photo: Two Peas & Their Pod)
Do you share our love of rhubarb? What’s your favorite rhubarb-filled recipe? Let us know in the comments below or talk to us on Twitter.