When Solange Knowles (AKA a style GODDESS) wears a trend — we pay attention. So when she carried this standout circular bag, we took note. Besides, with a closet already stuffed with rectangular totes and square clutches, it’s time to clear some shelf space for something a little different. Who wouldn’t crush on the way circular bags add an unexpected dimension to your outfit? Enjoy our roundup (get it?) of this most shapely modern bag.
Solange knows how to make this throwback style work for modern gals. (Photo via Gilbert Carrasquillo/FilmMagic)
1. Mansur Gavriel Circle Leather Shoulder Bag ($795): This is the bag that put the circle trend on the map. The round shape was inspired by old-fashioned hat boxes, but you can sport this updated version by wearing it as a crossbody or as a top handle. But hurry, Mansur Gavriel’s accessories are famously known to sell out quickly.
2. The Wolf Gang Soul Circle Crossbody Bag ($258): Inspired by Morocco, this suede bag is embellished with a cheerful removable tassel charm. Charming indeed!
3. J.Crew Signet Circle Bag ($138): J.Crew’s suede bag in pink blush has an adjustable shoulder strap for optimal convenience. We like this with olive green khakis and an ivory ruffle top.
4. Madewell Juno Circle Shoulder Bag ($158): Madewell’s circle bag is made from semi vegetable-tanned leather and a waxed finish that will soften with use. The violet hue is the perfect complement to your pastel floral prints this spring.
5. Ann Howell Bullard Black Keys Circle Bag ($398): This is the bag that designer Ann Howell Bullard wears every day — so you know it’s legit. We totally get why it’s her favorite too. The striped pattern stands out even more when worn with a monochromatic outfit.
6. Jerome Dreyfuss Remi Suede Shoulder Bag ($615): It’s all about the details with Jerome Dreyfuss’s teal suede bag. It’s big enough to fit all your essentials such as a lipstick, iPhone, wallet, and sunglasses, with room to spare. The bag even comes with a mirror and mini flashlight!
7. Cult Gaia Bamboo Circle Bag ($215): Cult Gaia’s take on the round bag trend features polished bamboo and a wooden bead shoulder strap. If an unlined bag makes you feel too exposed, use one of the 8,000 dust bags you have lying around your house as a liner.
8. Brahmin Lane Melbourne ($245): Is your fear of getting a white bag dirty stopping you from buying one? Don’t let it! The embossed croc leather on this Brahmin bag is so easy to wipe off, you won’t have a reason not to keep this purse in heavy rotation. While we love a white bag year-round, they look especially fresh against a black wool coat in the dead of winter.
9. Charles & Keith Circular Sling Bag ($49): This textured faux leather bag comes with a handy external card holder for easy access. Perfect for our Starbucks card.
Want more style advice? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.