It’s an exciting day for the Royals! Just days after the family solemnly reflected on the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana’s death, the world is suddenly abuzz with news of a new addition to their ranks: Kate Middleton and Prince William’s third child!
The Royal couple announced today that Prince George and Princess Charlotte would soon be getting a little brother or sister, with the soon-to-be mommy of three reportedly less than three months along. While it’s traditional to wait to share the news until after the three-month mark, the family is said to have made an exception due to Middleton’s morning sickness, which caused her to cancel an engagement at the Hornsey Road Children’s Centre in London.
Needless to say, Twitter was in an absolute frenzy: Check out some of the joyous reactions to the happy update below!
1. New Plans: Hold our plans, please: There’s baby news afoot!
2. Shimmy Time: An occasion such as this calls for not one, but TWO shimmies.
3. Meme Overload: This meme got some serious play today, with people the world over using it to express their feelings of enthusiasm.
4. The Perfect Moniker: This site got to work coming up with suitable regal names, the list of which includes such iconic suggestions as “Cersei” and “Hermione.”
5. Place Your Bets: Others started placing their bets in their Fantasy baby name drafts (We’re SO in).
6. Speaking Truths: This Twitter user told it like it is, noting that there’s ALWAYS room for royal baby news.
7. Personal Connection: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge might as well be our besties. *Shrugs*
8. Early Application: This woman prepped her resume, jussst in case.
9. On Behalf of Prince George: Meanwhile, this man attempted to put himself in Prince George’s shoes.
10. So Much Yes: This little one summed up our feelings to a tee — we feel you, girl.
11. Priorities: Lucky for Becky’s friends, she’s an easygoing gal.
12. The Biggest Score: Sports have NOTHING on the royal baby — score one for the Duke and Duchess!
Congratulations to the happy couple!
Are you overjoyed to hear the news of the new royal baby? Tell us over @BritandCo.
(Photo via Kirsty Wigglesworth + Sean Gallup/Getty)