This Is the It Bag Everyone Will Be Wearing This Spring
There’s no denying it. Bucket bags and stylish backpacks are fab, but their time in the spotlight is over. The must-have bags are taking a back seat this spring to two new silhouettes that actually aren’t that new at all: the saddle bag and the half moon. In the midst of throwback fever, their return from the depths of the past feels right on cue. The chic ’70s styles boast plenty of space for all your everyday essentials and feel 100% fuss-free, which is key when you’re totally over heavy winter layering. So say sayonara to top-handle satchels, standard crossbodies and even — drumroll, please — your everyday tote. Round out your spring wardrobe with one of these trending sacs.
1. Nila Anthony Wild West Suede Bag ($58): After a long gray winter, a healthy dose of color is definitely in order. This red hot number is ready to take your everyday style straight into warm weather territory with soft suede, a right-now silhouette and a gold ring detail that screams chic. It’s a recipe for sartorial success.
2. ASOS Half Circle Clutch Bag ($26): Warm weather is on the horizon (even if it doesn’t exactly feel like it right now) and that means lots of outdoor soirees. That totally gives you the green light to upgrade your go-to clutch. This half moon style more than delivers; its sleek, sophisticated and slightly understated silhouette makes it crazy versatile, while a fringy tassel reads party ready.
3. Topshop Smart Saddle Bag ($55): Whether you’re sidling up to the bar or nibbling croissants at a cafe, take this bright orange saddlebag along for the ride. The subtle ’70s vibe is the ultimate companion to flares and ribbed tees, but can hold it’s own with dressier duds too.
4. Minor History Half Moon Tote Bag ($265): Lighten your load with a mesh tote that’s bound to become your morning commute soul mate this spring. There’s plenty of room for your must-have tech and everything else you need to get through that workday grind. Need a touch-up before happy hour? Stash all your beauty basics in the convenient center compartment.
5. Neiman Marcus Snake-Embossed Saddle Bag ($85): A killer outfit is the ultimate remedy for just about anything, and an on-point bag definitely factors into the equation. This snake-embossed stunner in spring’s hottest silhouette will have you feeling fine in no time. Add a swipe of fiery red lipstick and go seize the day.
6. Baggu Medium Leather Pouch ($38): This half moon masterpiece does it all. Toss it in your tote to keep your phone and valuables in one safe place or rock it solo on your next GNO. Take a cue from its ultra-modern style and pair it with minimalist baubles in funky geometric shapes.
7. BDG Mini Saddle Bag ($34): This petite sac is the carryall you’ve been waiting for. The pale mint hue goes with just about everything in your closet, making it an inventive and unexpected alternative to standard black, brown or beige. Proof that you don’t have to go over-the-top to score a few style points, this mini purse slays without standing out.
8. Sancia Babylon Suede Saddle Bag ($398): Your favorite bucket bag doesn’t stand a chance with this dope number on standby. A suede front panel, textured handle and buckle detailing feel reminiscent of the Wild West, lending a free-wheeling edge to jacquard jackets and leather trousers.
9. Missguided Metal Top Saddle Bag ($31): Nail transitional dressing like the #girlboss you are with a dreamy pastel bag that can kick it in any season. Team it with cool shades of winter white for a show-stopping cold weather look, then layer it over brights for a dramatic effect come spring.
10. ASOS Leather Structured Saddle Bag With Chain Handle ($77): When in doubt, color block. Master the modern vibe by pairing this two-tone carryall with a statement coat and culottes for your next dinner date.
11. Ecote Fringe Saddle Bag ($39): Segue into spring in style with a rounded curtain of funky fringe that will flip the script on basics and ultra-classic pieces. Boring? Your warm weather wardrobe will be anything but.
12. Matt & Nat Parabole Bag ($140): Minimalists, consider this sleek saddle bag your accessory spirit animal. The clean lines and frills-free design just get you. And yup, it will look killer with those pointed-toe loafers.
13. Missguided Half Moon Box Clutch ($34): For desk to dinner style it’s the details that really make a difference. This sophisticated clutch is small enough to tuck into your workweek tote, so you can whip it out at quitting time and head straight to dinner and drinks with bae. No wardrobe change needed.
14. Vince Camuto Izzi Tassel Leather & Suede Crossbody Bag ($248): Everyday fringe? Yup, it’s a thing. Buttery soft blush suede and gleaming gold hardware step in to balance out the tassel’s boho vibes, proving you don’t need to be a die-hard Coachella fan to get in on the fringe action.
15. Zara Contrast Mini Messenger Bag ($50): LBDs get all the love, but your LBB (little black bag) deserves just as much attention. As far as versatility goes, it totally has your back on every occasion. Plus it literally goes with everything in your closet; it’s a win-win. Give yourself a free pass to add this bad boy to your arsenal of amazing bags.
What’s on your must-have list for spring? Tweet us @britandco!