12 Scented Candles to Make Your First Apartment Feel Like Home
So you finally have a place to call your own — congrats! Checking this box off the adulting list is a big deal (and so is decorating your first apartment). The color scheme and hand-picked accents will help your personality shine in your new space, but there’s simply nothing like a signature scent to make your new pad feel like home. Let these 12 fragrant candles below be your inspo for nestling into your first abode.
1. Yankee Candle Warm Luxe Cashmere Tumbler ($18): Embrace those hygge vibes with this cashmere-inspired scent. Top notes of vanilla combine with winter iris, patchouli, and sandalwood for a comforting effect.
2. Capri Blue Watercolor Collection Jar Candle ($86): A best seller in a limited-edition watercolor jar is your quickest ticket to decorating success. One sniff of the tropical fragrance and your room will already feel more energized.
3. Liberty for Anthropologie Candle ($28): Snag this beauty from the brand known for eclectic prints and luxury fabrics. The sweet strawberry scent will leave you thinking of your mom’s famous baking.
4. Bella by Illume Ceramic Bowl Candle ($16): Perfect for any home in need of a pop of color, the bowl-style candle is a modern way to make it happen. Plus, the aromas of bergamot, berry, and lemon will certainly help elevate things.
5. Paddywax Gilt Collection Soy Wax Candle ($23): Looking for a more luxe look? A hand-poured, gilded candle, complete with a fancy floral scent, is a bougie but affordable way to glam up your home.
6. LAFCO White Grapefruit Cabana Candle ($66): Beach-goers will fall in love with this bright, exotic gem. The fresh, fruity aroma alone will have you reminiscing of your latest tropical vacay.
7. Candlefish Candle Tin ($16): Candle experts from this Charleston-based workshop made it their business to custom blend every piece. Here, lemon, ginger, and musk work together to keep rooms smelling so fresh and clean — even when they aren’t.
8. World Market Ombre Citronella Jar Candle ($5): It’s hard to resist a colorful candle trio, especially when they’re clad in a cute ombre design. Line these babies up along your mantle or table and let their citrusy smells revive you.
9. Honest Aromatic Soy Candles ($20): Sometimes all-natural is the way to go. With no synthetic fragrances or ingredients, you’ll experience only the purest lavender-vanilla wafts around.
10. Library of Flowers Honeycomb Luminary ($16): Sugared fig, ambrosia honey, and royal bee blossom are three of the unique scents you’ll find in this floral jar.
11. Bath & Body Works Comfort 3-Wick Candle ($24.50): Set the mood with a vanilla and patchouli-scented pick from the brand’s new aromatherapy collection.
12. Diptyque Mimosa Scented Candle ($64): If you haven’t already had your celebratory move-in drink, this beloved candle will (almost) do the job. You’ll be clinking glasses in no time.
Which candle would you pick for your first apartment? Tweet Us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.