We always keep pasta on hand for quick and easy weeknight meals. Spaghetti, penne, and fettuccine are what we usually grab, but just choosing a different shape can make an old recipe feel brand new. From cavatappi to ditalini, there’s a whole world out there just waiting to save your dinner. Try out these 15 shaped pasta recipes to put a new spin on your weeknight favorites.
2. Antipasti Pasta Salad: Combine two summer favorites into one with this recipe. Cavatappi is tossed with cured meats, olives, and vegetables for a dish that’s just as good at lunch the next day as it is for dinner. (via Sugar & Soul)
3. Spring Pea Pasta With Burrata: Ditalini and peas cook up quickly in this weeknight-friendly recipe. Top it with creamy burrata and some torn mint for a meal that feels surprisingly fancy. (via What’s Gaby Cooking)
5. Rotelle With Sausage and Peppers: It’s hard to say no to a pasta dish filled with ingredients like spicy sausage, peppers, and spinach. Dollop ricotta on top to add some creaminess to each bite. (via The Artful Gourmet)
6. Braised Beef Ragu With Gemelli: Twisted gemelli is the perfect pasta to toss with a rich sauce. This ragu is made with beef that’s been braised with tomatoes, wine, and spices until meltingly tender. (via Olivia’s Cuisine)
7. Green Herb Pasta: Pesto isn’t the only way to add some green to your pasta. Cavatappi is flavored with a fresh mix of chopped greens, like leeks, arugula, parsley, and chives. (via I Ate The Whole Thing)
10. Vegan Pea Pesto Stuffed Shells: Lighten up a classic baked pasta dish with this vegan recipe. Shells are stuffed with vegan ricotta and basil pea pesto to make a meal the whole family will love. (via Connoisseurus Veg)
12. Lemon, Garlic, and Bacon Bowtie Pasta: Great pasta doesn’t always need a sauce. Here, a little lemon juice and butter bring together pasta, bacon, pine nuts, and plenty of Parmesan cheese. (via Modern Honey)
13. Creamy Lemon Casarecce: Adding nuts to your pasta for textural contrast is an easy way to elevate a predictable pasta dish. Sprinkle in cheese and bright lemon juice for even more flavor. (via Pass Me Some Tasty)
15. Easy Baked Macaroni and Cheese: Elbow pasta doesn’t have a monopoly on mac and cheese. Little shells are an even better bet, scooping up every last bite of cheese sauce. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
For more fun pasta ideas, follow us on Pinterest.