There are two categories of people — those who have an Instant Pot (and love it), and those who don’t (and have *serious* FOMO). If you’re part of the first group, you know just how valuable the modern pressure cooker is. It saves you time, money, and tons of effort on preparing everyday dishes. But, the device can be a bit daunting when figuring out what recipes to make and how to make them. That’s where these 30 beginner Instant Pot recipes come in to save the day.
1. Instant Pot Pork Lettuce Wraps: When all else fails, lettuce wraps are a great last-minute dinner that you can use to clean out your fridge. These happen to be full of nutrients and get a surprise texture from wheat berries. (via Sidewalk Shoes)
2. Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken: Takeout may seem like the quicker dinner choice when you’re short on time, but cooking at home can be *much* faster. With your Instant Pot, you can have sweet and spicy honey sesame chicken on the table with the press of a button. (via Six Sisters’ Stuff)
3. Instant Pot 10-Minute Steak Tacos: You don’t have to look much further for your perfect taco Tuesday meal. These restaurant-worthy steak tacos are everything you’ve ever dreamed of, and they’ll be ready in just 10 minutes. (via Stay Snatched)
4. Instant Pot Baby Carrots With Mint: Dinner gets boring really quickly when you’re serving the same side dishes day after day. With just four ingredients and less than five minutes, you could have these gluten-free minty carrots on the table, ready to accompany any main dish. (via Boulder Locavore)
5. Instant Pot Bacon Ranch Potatoes: There’s no need to babysit these potatoes while they cook. Throw them in the Instant Pot, lock the lid, and sip on a glass of wine while they cook themselves. (via Sweet & Savory by Shinee)
6. Life Changing Instant Pot Beef Stew: When something claims to be life changing, you don’t ask questions. Chances are after you make this stew for the first time, you’ll go back again and again. (via Pinch of Yum)
9. Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup: This crowd-pleasing soup is a winner no matter who you ask. Whip up a couple of batches for freezer meals and one for your new mom bestie, and you’ll still have plenty of time to spare. (via Five Boys Baker)
11. Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala: Spicy chicken tikka is perfect for a weeknight at home date night. Serve with plenty of naan and basmati rice for scooping up that addicting sauce. (via Savory Tooth)
12. Instant Pot Hummus: Hummus snobs would argue that the dip is way better when made with dried chickpeas instead of canned. If you agree, this Instant Pot version will bring the cooking time down and have you snacking before you know it. (via 365 Days of Slow Cooking)
13. Instant Pot Easy Mac and Cheese: Say goodbye to powdery boxed macaroni and cheese and take the guesswork out of making it at home with this super simple Instant Pot version. Waistlines, look out. (via Center Cut Cook)
14. Giant Instant Pot Pancake: Some days call for a massive pancake loaded with butter and syrup. Little did you know, you can make that giant pancake in your Instant Pot with no annoying flipping involved. (via Kirbie’s Cravings)
15. Perfect Rice in the Instant Pot: Now that you have the Instant Pot, you’ll finally be able to give away that rice cooker that has only one function — making rice. The best part? Now it’ll take only eight minutes. (via Platings & Pairings)
17. Instant Pot Pressure Cooker French Dip Sandwiches: If you’ve ever thought that four hours of roasting for a sandwich was nuts, then you’ll be glad to know that the time can be cut in half with the Instant Pot. Don’t forget to save that wonderful au jus for dipping! (via No. 2 Pencil)
18. Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Ramen Soup: Authentic-tasting ramen can be hard to come by. The secret to making it yourself is homemade chicken broth, which the Instant Pot makes possible in under an hour. (via No. 2 Pencil)
20. Instant Pot Ricotta: Beware: Once you try homemade ricotta, you’ll forever be addicted to it. The texture and flavor are second to none and you probably have everything you need to make it right now. (via Real Food Real Deals)
Instant Pot DUO Plus 6
Instant Pot Duo Mini 3
Cosori 8 Qt.
Elite Platinum 8 Qt.
21. Instant Pot Salmon With Chili-Lime Sauce: Eating healthy is a cinch with a pressure cooker. There are no time excuses, and you have the advantage of using minimal to zero oil when cooking your protein, like this chili-lime salmon. (via Savory Tooth)
23. Instant Pot Thai Chicken Rice Bowl: Put that sauté function on your Instant Pot to good use with this Thai-inspired rice bowl. Counteract the soft cooked texture with crunchy peanuts and raw carrots to serve. (via Wondermom Wannabe)
24. Pressure Cooker Moo Goo Gai Pan: If this Chinese-American dish is a household favorite for delivery nights, then this recipe will be invaluable. Now, treat yourself to some plum wine for your dinner efforts. (via Gluten Free Pressure Cooker)
27. Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice: The Instant Pot is basically a cajun food-lover’s best friend. Enjoy cooking everything from perfectly tender okra to jambalaya or red beans and rice without disgracing your heritage. (via A Pinch of Healthy)
28. Restaurant Style Beef Shawarma: Keep your homemade shawarma seasoning on hand, and you can make this authentic dish whenever your heart desires. Serve the finished beef on pitas with garlic mayo, onions, tomatoes, and pickles. (via Little Spice Jar)
29. Easy Instant Pot Ribs: Gone are the days that your ribs were tough and flavorless. With a pressure cooker, you can create tender ribs that’ll have your friends thinking you have a double life as a pit master. (via Eat, Live, Run)
30. Tomatillo Poblano White Beans: You can’t get much more cost-effective than dried beans, and thankfully, they’re also incredibly tasty. Serve as a vegetarian main or a hearty side dish with chicken or pork. (via Dora’s Table)
Follow us on Pinterest for more Instant Pot recipes.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.