24 Chic Ways to Embrace the Shirt Dress
Shirt dresses are a great summer wardrobe choice. They are light, airy and still office-appropriate. You can dress them down for a casual day at the beach and all you have to do is add some accessories to kick it up a notch! Looking into our future fashion crystal ball, these 24 shirt dresses will look just as fab with tights and booties in a month or two, too!
1. Sophie Tie Dye Shirt Dress ($95): Cut in a long relaxed fit and hand-dyed, each dress is an individual work of art. This one can carry you through fall — just pair with boots!
2. O’Neill Lynn Floral Woven Shirt Dress ($54): Shirt dresses don’t need to be structured! Kick back in this soft, flowy floral dress with just enough detail to keep it sharp.
3. Oversized Jacket Shirt Dress ($70): This striking woven button-down dress comes in a drapey but tailored fit for instant sophistication. It would even look great over skinny jeans.
4. Mod T-Shirt Dress ($60): An effortlessly cool and classic shirt dress cut in a mod shift silhouette is the trendiest way to rock the trend. The high color and short cut make this look timeless.
5. Bettina No-Gap Shirt Dress ($90): This LBD is a take on the classic camp shirt, but reimagined into a chic jersey dress. This lightweight shirtdress is a versatile and timeless work-to-weekend uniform.
6. Mila Dress ($95): Pintucks lend a summery feel to this airy white shirtdress while lace insets give it all the bohemian chic vibes.
7. Shirt Dress With Pleating ($60): This deep purple midi dress is perfect for a buttoned-up or more casual open look. A leather belt is the perfect accent for this fun, flippy little dress.
8. Black Striped Short Sleeve Tee Dress ($20): Keep it casual with this super chill striped tee shirt dress. The stripes are giving us serious French-girl vibes.
7. G-Star Raw Women’s Rovic Shirt Dress ($230): Even though it’s short enough to keep you cool during the summer, add some leggings and you’ve got the perfect dress for a fall wardrobe, too.
8. Eliza J Women’s Shirtdress Maxi Dress ($169): Floaty, floor-sweeping and fashion-forward, this maxi dress is sure to make some waves, especially with that bold pattern. Make a statement without saying a word.
9. Derek Heart Belted Plaid Dress ($30): Channel your inner woodswoman with this cozy, cute plaid dress. Pair with short boots and add on tights when the weather turns cold.
10. Splendid Women’s Treatment Shirt Dress Indigo ($80): Saturated with a dramatic shibori dye, this dress was inspired by the Mediterranean hues of blue and white. We can totally see that.
11. Pendleton Women’s Cecily Shirtdress ($249): Plaid loses its prim and properness in this effortless style of a collared, long sleeved dress. Channel your inner grunge girl without losing your edge.
12. Rebecca Taylor Women’s Juliette Silk Shirt Dress ($350): Go for a classic look with an extra punch of color. This blue button dress with drawstring waist combines tailored lines with unstructured comfort.
13. Splendid Women’s Washed Cupro Shirtdress ($198): This shirt dress has all of the perks of an oversized boyfriend shirt but with a seriously sexy silhouette, not to an ultra luxe fabric. You’re going to want to live in this dress.
14. Arctic Cubic Mini Babydoll Pleated Shirt Dress ($30): Enjoy some breathing room with this breezy dress that pairs structured stripes with feminine eyelet. So pretty!
15. Trina Turk Ryan Summer Bouquet Shirtdress ($298): Lightweight eyelet fabric take this brightly colored, casual shirt dress to a much more sophisticated level. This splashy number will take you from office to art opening.
16. RVCA Easy Runner Sleeveless Shirt Dress ($25-65): Enjoy a classic silhouette with a whimsical and charming floral pattern that keep this dress playful.
17. Calvin Klein Matte Jersey Belted Shirt Dress ($128): Make your working wardrobe anything but boring with this crisp shirt dress in a stunning shade of coral. The matte jersey fabric makes wear and care effortless.
18. Ronni Nicole Belted Shirt Dress ($68): Featuring pockets and a belted waist, this lightweight dress is the perfect pop of purple. This dress is sure to turn heads.
19. Levi’s Women’s Sleeveless Shirt Dress ($58): We are loving this star-spangled sleeveless shirtdress that features a collared neckline and drawstring waist.
23. The Kooples Lace Front Floral Collar Dress ($425): Make a statement in this bold floral dress with black lace detailing. The hot red color of this dress ensures that you’ll stand out in the best possible way.
24. Bradshaw Shirt Dress ($74): See things in black and white with this little black dress accented with pretty white detailing.
Do you like the collared look of the shirt dress? Would you wear this style into the fall season? Let us know the comments below!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.