You may have chucked the futon and outgrown IKEA…almost (we’ll never completely let go) at this point, but we bet there are still areas of your home that could use an upgrade — like your kitchen essentials. What you’re cooking up is anything but basic, so it’s time to get some new accessories that reflect your Chrissy Teigen-level culinary skills. To celebrate the countdown to our Re:Make festival (Saturday, September 12 at Fort Mason here in San Francisco, conference September 11!) we’re curating collections of some of our favorite maker-made goods. Register for your free festival ticket and get a sneak peek at the indie shops who will be at Re:Make with 12 handmade kitchen essentials you can shop now.
1. White Dot Oil Bottle ($80): Olive oil has never looked better! This bottle definitely catches the eye, and it’s great to keep on your countertop for whenever you need a splash.
2. Gold Glazed Chip n’ Dip Bowl ($80): We can’t get enough of this gold glazed chip n’ dip bowl. It’s the perfect way to add an air of sophistication to your party.
3. Sea Blue Utensil Jar ($68): Handmade with crossed carved lines on the outside, this jar can hold all of your everyday kitchen essentials.
4. Maze Tea Towel ($22): This maze towel adds a punch of bright color to your kitchen with its lemon yellow coloring and fun pattern. See if you can escape the maze ;)
5. Striped Bowl ($50): Handmade with white stripes and a turquoise-blue matte glaze, this bowl is a beautiful dish for holding salads, soups or fruit. Bonus: It’s even dishwasher and microwave-safe.
6. Blonde Cutting Board ($50): Every kitchen needs a few good cutting boards, and this one, handcrafted by Amish woodworkers, definitely fits the bill. We love the look of the natural wood and the painted white handle.
7. Sunset Rainbow Napkins ($18): If your dinner table is in need of some serious color, embrace the bright with these Sunset Rainbow napkins. They give “taste the rainbow” a whole new meaning.
8. Flowers Serving Tray ($55): Serve appetizers in style with a handmade flowers serving tray. It will definitely earn you some major hostess points.
9. Stoneware Measuring Spoons ($18): If you’re looking to go old school, pick up a set of these stoneware measuring spoons. They mimic vintage metalware, complete with distressed edges and a blue striped rim.
10. Large Wood State Board ($65): California love gets a whole new meaning when you pick up one of these state boards. They make for one super cool cheese board, and you can customize ’em with these wood burning alphabet stamps.
11. Aqua Glazed Bowl ($23): Looking for a killer hostess gift? Pick up a few of these glazed bowls. We love the creamy textured bisque finish. The aqua glazed interior keeps them feeling special.
12. Synth Coasters ($30): Triangles, circles and pentagons, oh my! These colorful coasters totally make us nostalgic for our childhood days playing with shapes.
Still need to grab your ticket to Re:Make? Register for your FREE ticket here!
What are you most excited to check out at this year’s Re:Make?