New Celeb Hair Trend: 9 Short Hairstyles from the Red Carpet
The long bob was by far the 2014 red carpet favorite when it came to hairstyles. But not even a month into the new year, a new look has become the must-have ‘do among the Hollywood elite: the baby bob. The chin-length crop was a full-on trend at this year’s Golden Globes, seen on what seemed like every other A-lister and styled every which way, from sleek and straight on Rosamund Pike and Lena Dunham, to textured and tousled on Sienna Miller and Kristen Wiig to pinned back on Kate Mara and Emma Stone. It’s clear versatility is not an issue with this extremely cropped cut — usually a major issue for those afraid to go under the scissors. But now that we know the styling in store, who really needs those few extra inches? These nine celebrities who make the most with less of their tresses just might convince you to do the same.
1. Sienna Miller: Even with a chin-length chop, Sienna sticks with her signature boho aesthetic. Her textured beachy waves keeps her hair walk a fine line between pretty and sexy, just like her beaded dress. (Photo Jason Merritt/Getty)
2. Zosia Mamet: If you actually can look past Zosia’s gorgeously offbeat hue (Is it bronde? Is it gray? Does it matter?), her bob is still able to stand with the best of ‘em. Here, the combination of soft curls and a side-slicked part keeps her look modern and romantic. (Photo Jason Merritt/ Getty)
3. Rosamund Pike: Rosamund’s asymmetrical bob frames her face with a more elegant touch than a blunt cut could offer. On the carpet, she kept it simple and chic with a dramatic side part and a gentle flip. (Photo Jason Merritt/Getty)
4. Viola Davis: Bombshell curls and short chops do go hand in hand, as Viola shows here. How could she have finished the look any other way but with a bold red lip? (Photo Jason Merritt/Getty)
5. Kate Mara: Kate’s no stranger to edgy, sculptural hair, and she kept the streak alive at the Globes by mixing a retro bouffant with a low, twisted down-do. The look is a minimalist girl’s dream. (Photo Frazer Harrison/Getty)
6. Emma Stone: Emma opted for more relaxed waves when styling her bob for the awards show (mark it down as yet another style to steal from the star). The noticeably tousled look was kept carpet-appropriate thanks to its high-shine and sleek hair accessory: a thin metal barrette. (Photo Frazer Harrison/Getty)
7. Lena Dunham: Lena not only mastered a retro-chic ‘do this time around, but gets major points from us in the color department too. Here, she kept the styling simple (just one bobby pin) and let the cut do the work for her, framing her face in a structured and sophisticated way. (Photo Jason Merritt/Getty)
8. Kristen Wiig: No one does pillow-kinked curls quite like Kristen, whose undone baby bob oozes effortless cool. We’ve never swooned so hard over choppy ends. (Photo Kevin Winter/Getty)
9. Allison Williams: True, Allison may not actually have short hair, but her sleek faux bob was nothing less than a standout. It’s Old Hollywood meets modern runway and (bonus) we can show you how to do it here. (Photo Jason Merritt/Getty)
Which short cut is your favorite? Tell us which celebs’ hair you go ga-ga for in the comments below.