9 Seriously Clever Holiday Decor Ideas for Small Spaces
Love all those gorgeously decorated giant Christmas trees and dramatic decor ideas you’re seeing in stores as you walk by, on Pinterest, and on your Facebook feed? Us too but, as city dwellers, most of us have a much smaller space to work with. Luckily, we’ve become pros at the making the most of a wall, a few pieces of paper, or a string of lights.
Here are 9 clever DIY holiday ideas for folks who are decorating a small space.
1. Patterned Wall Tree: First up, this awesome patterned wall tree! This is one of our favorite projects this year. It’s a great way to use fabric scraps to make the tree and other odds and ends as the ornaments. If you want to do it even more on the cheap, you can substitute wrapping paper for the fabric.
3. Origami Paper Wreaths: How fun and vibrant are these paper wreaths? All you need to make them is brightly-colored origami or craft paper, a hole punch, and tape!
4. Knotted Felt + Leather Garland: If you’re not putting up a tree this year, add some festive decor to bookshelves, mantels, and the like by making a few of these simple felt garlands. You can use any combination of colors you like, and we added a few leather knots in there to add more texture and shape.
7. Washi Tape Christmas Tree: And now, a blast from the past! This was last year’s wall tree hack, made using one of our favorite materials ever: washi tape. You can create triangular shapes, stripes, and even tree toppers. So cute!
8. Fabric Wall Mantel: If you want to create a more portable mantel than the washi option, you can create a fabric one! Adorn with stockings for the holidays, then fold up and save for next year!
9. The Biggest Ornament Ever: Finally, the biggest DIY ornament ever! This is a great way to add instant holiday spirit to any scene, even if you’re not doing any other decorating this year.