15 Small Watches to Make You Want to Trade in Your Boyfriend Watch
Obviously we love all things related to the “boyfriend” style trend. After all, we haven’t taken off our boyfriend jeans since we bought them. And right along with the boyfriend jeans came the trendy, chunky watches. Don’t get us wrong — we love those big, shiny gold statement pieces, but sometimes you just need something a little more subtle. Or at least something that doesn’t do serious damage to your laptop keyboard. That’s why we’re taking a break from our statement watches and going back to to something a little more simple. These 15 watches are small, but they still pack a punch and totally nail the minimal trend.
2. 5 O’clock Watch ($130): Keep your eye on the most important time of day with this cheeky little watch. Black and white and monochrome all over means you will never have to take it off, no matter what outfit you’re sporting.
3. Kimono Money Penny Royale Leather Watch ($65): Sometimes it’s okay to be square. A soft brown leather band like this one contrasts perfectly with the black-on-black face and matte water-resistant casing.
4. Rose Gold Watch ($139): It’s hard to say no to anything this pretty and elegant. And rose gold?? Yes, that “want a new watch” just became “need a new watch.”
5. Abstract Print Watch ($18): Add some serious zig and zag to your everyday look with this watch. With its black and white abstract print and a classic analog display, you’ll be channelling Friday night vibes on your wrist every single day.
6. Nixon Mod Acetate Watch ($80): Dress up your everyday essentials with this bright face. The durable gray canvas band matches oh-so well with the minimal blue timepiece.
7. Withings Activite Pop Smart Watch ($150): If you’re not a fan of the somewhat unstylish fitness trackers, this smartwatch wants to be your ultimate lifestyle tracking device. It tracks everything from fitness to sleep stages, and you can sync up it all up with your smartphone.
8. 03:56 Purple Watch ($39): With this watch, you’ll find yourself checking the time constantly, and not because you’re anxious to leave. Seriously, how can you take your eyes off this bright and colorful timepiece?
9. Faux Leather Late Watch ($18): Let’s face it: It takes time to look this good. And why should your watch make you feel any more guilty about being late than you already do?
11. ‘Hagen’ Dual Time Leather Strap Watch ($195): Why have one watch when you can have two? Layer up the arm party with this playful and modern piece that doubles up as a functional timepiece and a leather bracelet.
12. KOMONO X Andy Rementer Magnus Watch ($100): Liven up your wrist with a wearable piece of art. Andy Rementer created a bold and colorful piece of art for this printed canvas strap, and you’ll feel awfully cool wearing it.
13. The Weekend Reversible ($50): It’s time to trade out your teeny bikini for a little polka dot watch. The classic numbered face and blue and white band give this piece a slightly nautical feeling that we can’t get enough of.
14. New Look Skinny Strap Watch ($18): The pale pink faux-leather strap here is the ultimate accent to a gold and cream watch face. A little bit feminine and a little bit elegant, this watch is perfect for rocking the day-to-night look.
15. Tsovet ($320): How fun are the bright blue hands on this classic silhouette? The detailed stitching on the leather strap make this watch feel extra special.
Do you like smaller watches, or are you standing by your oversized statement piece? Talk to us in the comments below!