10 Ways to Nail the Ombre Trend With Your Mani
Is it just us, or does “ombre” sound like a dance? Regardless, this dance party is still movin’ and groovin’. The trend can transform a bar cart from boring to beautiful and protect you from the rain. Good thing, because our ombre locks have evolved to ever-changing hues, and we are still seriously contemplating a wedding gown in this trendy pattern. We’d be remiss in leaving out the trend on one of our favorite mediums — nails. Scroll on for 10 fun ways to nail an ombre mani.
1. Pink Gradient: Don’t have five shades of pink? Never fear! As long as you have a bottle of white nail polish and a bottle of any other color — pink, purple, orange, blue — you can ombre. Grab your bright pinks and oranges for summer, then trade them in for gem tones as autumn falls. (via Lulu’s Blog)
2. Gatsby Gold Glitter: Go for gold! This trend doesn’t need to be a perfect line-up on the Roy G. Biv spectrum. The black and gold glitter style is easy to do and perfect for fabulous parties. We see these beauties wrapped around some bubbly, no? (via Cosmopolitan)
3. Blue Jean Blue Ombre: Do you have a map? We’re getting lost in these shades of blue. Whether you’re digging your toes into the sand or picking apples, the blue-denim-blue mani looks good all year long. (via Julep)
4. Iced Glitter Ombre: Overwhelmed by the choices? Can’t commit, or just really bad at painting with your non-dominant hand? We understand. Try this easy design instead — it’s one you can totally do with your left hand! (via Pausa para Feminices)
5. Ombre French Mani: We told you that one bottle of white nail polish would be handy. This ombre French manicure calls for white and a pale pink. Sponge a bit of white gently on top of your pink nails for a romantic play on a classic. (via Lulu’s Blog)
6. Ombre Purple Stripes: This is a solid choice if you have three colors that aren’t super close in hue. Opt for a solid stripe of each and break up the polish with a thin pop of metallic. (via Nail That Accent)
7. Blue Shadow Ombre: Does anyone actually use the eyeshadow brushes that come with the case? Here is a great way to repurpose them instead of letting them float around at the bottom of your makeup bag. Dip into your chosen second color and dab away until you get the perfect fade for your hue. (via Aelida)
8. Metallic Pastel Ombre: There’s a lot happening here: metallic, pastel and ombre! This winning look is a simple and chic way for those of us who are nail art beginners to try the trend. (via Pshiiit)
9. Gradient Glitter Neutrals: If you don’t have a perfect gradient of colors in your nail arsenal, go for a look like this. Keep the colors in the same family and add some glitter. Voila! (via Layers of Happiness)
10. Pink Glitter Ombre: Our new motto is “just add glitter.” Can’t find your fave sparkly shade? Chances are you have a pretty glitter eyeshadow that you can dust over the tips with a makeup brush for an easy ombre. (via The Prepster Diaries)
Which ombre nail effect are you going to try first? Let us know in the comments!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.