16 Fitness Apps That Will Turn Your Apple Watch into a Personal Trainer
Working out and tracking your fitness just got easier than ever, thanks to the Apple Watch. Whether you’re a casual runner or a yoga fiend, this trendy wearable delivers a ton of healthy info with a few taps of your finger. To make the most of all your fitness accomplishments, we’ve got 16 apps that you’ll want to download asap.
1. Argus (Free): Here’s a great app for some good ol’ healthy competition. Add your friends and see who takes more steps in a day. Argus also tracks your calorie and water intake. Sounds like an all-in-one package to us!
2. Endomondo (Free): Aside from the fact that it’s a fun word to say, Endomondo does it all. You can check your stats right from your wrist to make sure you’re hitting your daily goals. You can also stop or start any given workout with the touch of your finger.
3. FitStar Yoga (Free): Yoga lovers, you’ll love this. If you’re rolling the yoga mat out at home, you can skip looking at a computer screen or phone to see if you’re doing it right. Now all you need is a quick glance at your wrist.
4. Map My Run (Free): We all know how annoying it can be to constantly hold your phone while you’re running. We’ll pass on that, and you can too. Choose your activity right from your watch and monitor your distance too.
5. Nike Plus (Free): This will have you looking forward to your next run — seriously. You can share your runs with friends, helping create some friendly competition. Lace up your sneaks and get out there!
8. Runtastic Six Pack (Free): Sometimes all you really want to work on is engaging that core. With Runtastic Six Pack, you can create custom ab workouts or use the app’s own exercises to get it done quick.
9. Cyclemeter (Free): With the weather warming up, it’s the perfect time to take your bike out for a spin. DL this to track your speed, laps and location. Thanks to Cyclemeter, you won’t have to juggle your phone while you’re biking, which makes life a whole lot easier.
10. Lose It! (Free): This app will motivate you to lose weight the healthy way. It’ll come up with a weight loss plan that works with your lifestyle. You’ll be able to set goals and even connect with friends.
11. My Fitness Pal (Free): On top of tracking your fitness, this nifty program also lets you add the meals you’ve had throughout the day to your diary. Since you’re toting your watch everywhere, adding deets is a cinch.
12. My Plate (Free): This app is brought to you by Livestrong, so you know it’s for real. My Plate is all about eating healthy, which is a huge part of staying fit. It’ll also show you your progress throughout an entire year.
13. Record by Under Armour (Free): This app is one of the first fitness social networks. Use it to chat and compare stats with friends and fitness experts. Make sure to connect a heart rate monitor to really get the most out of it.
14. Rock My Run (Free): Okay, forget the personal trainer. Rock My Run will push you a little harder by adjusting the tempo of your tune to match your pace. They have some incredible high-energy mixes, and you definitely won’t want to hear those slow down.
15. Strava (Free): If you need an extra push to work out, Strava was made for you. Strava’s community lets you join challenges and even snap photos from your various fitness activities, so you can show off your workouts.
16. Fitnet (Free): We already dig Fitnet’s awesome iPhone app that provides over 200 (free!) workouts. Lucky for us, their new Apple Watch app helps you track each of those workouts and monitor your heart rate.
Which fitness app is your absolute favorite? Share below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)