19 Fall Smoothies That Will Make You Forget About Summer
There’s nothing more refreshing than a smoothie on a hot summer’s day. Despite temperatures dropping and fall officially on the calendar, sometimes you just *need* a smoothie. Fall produce like pumpkin and cranberries are just as delicious in creamy smoothies as summer berries and leafy spinach. Balance out all the treats of the season with these yummy and nutritious fall smoothies for breakfast, lunch or even a snack.
6. Thanksgiving Detox Smoothie: When you’re craving fresh, nutrient-heavy foods after Thanksgiving, you can put the leftover cranberries to good use with this recipe. You’ll want to pin this one for later. (via Free People Blog)
9. Caramelized Pear, Chocolate and Goat Cheese Smoothie: Pears and goat cheese go together like peanut butter and jelly (yes, really). Make this smoothie for a sweet AND savory snack. (via The Healthy Foodie)
11. Fresh Fig & Banana Smoothie: This is a great way to enjoy a few figs now while they are in season, and it will be a really nice way to use some of the frozen ones later after the season is long gone. (via Free People Blog)
12. Vanilla Chai Breakfast Shake: If you’re looking for a cooler alternative to your beloved chai tea latte, look no further. This breakfast shake might become your new favorite beverage. (via Chocolate Covered Katie)
13. Velvety Butternut Cinnamon Date Smoothie: Most smoothies rely on frozen bananas for their creaminess, but this one uses roasted butternut squash instead. This recipe makes enough for two, so it’s the perfect post-workout smoothie for you and a friend. (via Oh She Glows)
17. Apple, Peanut Butter and Cinnamon Oatmeal Smoothie: You can make this smoothie ahead of time for busy mornings, or take it on the go for an afternoon snack. It’s full of fiber, protein and healthy fat that will leave you feeling satisfied. (via The Yummy Life)
Do you still drink smoothies in the fall? Leave us your favorite recipe in the comments!