24 Cozy DIYs That Will Make Winter Way Better
‘Tis the season of frigid weather, icy conditions and snow days. And what better time to work on our #31daysofdiy than all curled up with a blizzard blaring outside? Make some hot chocolate, put on a good movie and pick one of these cozy DIYs to finish before the next #snowmeggedon. Whether you’re in the mood for a few no-sew winter accessories, some all-natural spa treatments or want to make your home extra cozy, we’ve got 24 fun DIY projects to entertain you while the storm carries on.
1. Mittens from a Sweater: We all have a sweater or two that we know we’ll never wear, but for sentimental reasons just can’t bear to part with. Instead of stuffing it in the back of your closet for another winter, give it a new life as a cute pair of mittens. (via Brit + Co)
7. Bleach Dye Joggers: Getting snowed in means you can wear whatever you want, no judgement. Not that you would get any judging looks when you wear these fancy dyed joggers out on the town. (via Brit + Co)
11. Arm Knitting Infinity Scarf: No idea how to knit? That’s ok, all you need to make this chunky scarf is two balls of yarn and two arms. Even the least crafty of us has those things lying around. (via Brit + Co)
12. Mini Zen Garden: Combat cabin fever with a pretty little zen garden. Gather some of your favorite objects, like crystals and succulents, and enjoy some personal meditation time while the storm blows outside. (via The Merrythought)
15. Teddy Bear Pom Poms: Whether you want to add them to hats, pillows or blankets, you’ll want the fluffiest pom poms possible. Looking like cute teddy bear tails, these super puffs are great for all cozy crafts. (via Fall for DIY)
16. No-Sew Beanie: We adore a solid, no-sew project, and this one is a fab way to salvage a sweater that has become unwearable. Dress it up with a pom pom or bejewel it if you’re feeling extra ambitious. (via The Wonder Forest)
19. Fur Scarf: If you’re nervous about crocheting because you don’t want to make mistakes, then working with faux fur is ideal. The fluffiness will hide any little imperfections, leaving you with a perfectly fabulous scarf. (via Delia Creates)
20. Woven Circle Mat: You crafty types know that sometimes you just have A LOT of yarn sitting around. If you’re looking for a unique project that doesn’t involve crocheting or knitting, try making a funky, uber colorful floor mat. (via A Beautiful Mess)
21. Bronzing Caffeine Body Butter: Let’s be honest, we could all use a little bronzing action this time of year. Coffee and coconut oil make this lotion a cellulite-fighting superpower. (via Hello Natural)
24. Peppermint Soy Candle: Peppermint can boost your energy and relieve headaches, and can also help with allergy and cold relief. So, not only will your house smell wonderful, you’ll actually be improving your well-being without even leaving the house. (via Sincerely Kinsey)
What are your favorite snow day DIYs? Talk to us in the comments below!