There’s never too much gray area when it comes to faux fur. You either love it or you hate it. But we think these 20 uber chic DIYs could change all that. From warm and stylish to soft and comfortable, this sleek fabric will have you swooning (or running to your nearest craft store) by the time you’re done scrolling.
3. How to Make a Faux Fur Vest: Faux fur vests are everywhere this season, but you don’t have to splurge to be on trend. Let Wendy walk you through each step of the process, and you’ll be well on your way to making and donning your own stylish number. (via With Wendy)
4. Fur Handbag: Who doesn’t love having a fuzzy handbag by their side? This crafty case could even double as a pillow for those late nights when your bed is just too far away. (via How Did You Make This?)
5. DIY Faux Fur Chair Covers and Cushions: If you’re more of a “fuzzy for the season” type instead of a “faux fur for lifer,” these chair covers and cushions are definitely your jam. Whip them up for a holiday party, and store with any other holiday items when the season’s over. (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. Upholstered Faux Fur Bench: After a long, blustery day, it’s nice to rest your feet on something soft and inviting, like this beautiful bench. After a fresh coat of paint and some reupholstering, you’ll have a one-of-a-kind furniture piece. (via Dwellings by Devore)
12. How to Turn a Faux Sheepskin Rug into a Vest: No shame in turning that odd sheepskin rug you thought you’d love into a vest you can’t live without. Bonus: It goes with practically anything (except the floor). (via Brit + Co)
13. DIY Faux Fur Rug: Okay, this rug is the thing our feet have been craving all winter. Step out of the cold and onto your handmade mat that only took three — yes, three — steps to make. (via View Along the Way)
14. Faux Fur + Flannel Blanket: Looking for a heat? Snuggle up with a special someone under this extra fuzzy blanket. Made up of two fabrics, this is one blanket that will conquer all our winter woes. (via A Beautiful Mess)
15. Slouchy Faux Fur Vest (No Sew!): If it’s not clear by now, we are totally loving on the fur vest trend. But for those who avoid sewing machines like the plague, this DIY is for you. Oh, and can we sit back and admire that awesome, flowy slouch? (via Jade Rose Blog)
16. DIY Faux Fur Collar Necklace: If your kind of winter means breaking out the long sleeves but not the long underwear, then this project is a must. It’s basically acknowledging that winter is here, but without the full-blown, bundled-up from head-to-toe look. (via Love Maegan)
17. Faux Fur Stool With Hairpin Legs: Afraid to commit to too much fur? This minimalist stool has just the right amount of fuzz for any room. But don’t be fooled by the simplistic look — this sturdy stool is the type of DIY you build from the ground up (pun intended). (via Transient Expression)
18. Gold Leather + Fur Stocking DIY: Even though the holidays are fast approaching, you still have some time to craft these shiny his and hers stockings. They’re also a great winter wedding gift for your friend and her new hubby. (via A Beautiful Mess)
20. Detachable Faux Fur Collar DIY: We’re all about the convertible, and that’s why we love this DIY. Feeling the fur? Throw on this collar. Going for a more subdued look? Simply un-loop it. (via A Beautiful Mess)
Which faux-furry DIY are you trying this season? Let us know if the comments below!