14 Space-Saving Gadgets Every Tiny Kitchen Needs
Most kitchens are where the action can be found, whether it’s cooking, eating, or just hanging out. But if you live in a home or apartment where the kitchen is less than spacious, it can be difficult to keep things organized and decluttered. Make your limited real estate work harder for you with these 14 space-saving tools and gadgets that will optimize any tiny kitchen.
1. Calphalon Premier Space Saving Nonstick 6 Piece Set ($300): Enjoy an entire set of pots and pans without worrying about how to fit them all into your cabinets. This sturdy non-stick set (includes two frying pans, a pour and strain saucepan with cover, and a sauté pan with cover) is made of hard anodized aluminum and will stack nicely into a small space.
2. Origami Foldable Kitchen Island Cart ($86+): For the times you need a little extra counter or table space, this foldable cart will do the trick. It has a solid wood block top and two shelves and can be wheeled to wherever you need it. Then it folds up flat and can be simply tucked away when you’re done.
3. Joseph Joseph 9 Nesting Bowls Set ($50): Neatly stack all your mixing bowls and measuring spoons together. This set has two different sizes of mixing bowls, a colander, a strainer, and measuring cups all in one compact combo. It’ll add a pop of color to your kitchen to boot.
4. Surpahs Over the Sink Multipurpose Roll-Up Dish Drying Rack ($25): This non-slip, silicone-coated steel rack can be used for drying dishes over the sink or as a heat-resistant trivet for just-cooked hot dishes. It also rolls up nicely and doesn’t take up valuable counter space.
5. JIAJIBAO Collapsible Food Storage Containers ($17, 3-Pack): Keep leftovers fresh or meal prep your lunches for the week using these handy food storage containers. They’re BPA-free and collapse for easy transport or storage.
6. simplehuman Slim Sink Caddy ($13): Leave your sink sponges off the counters by keeping them in a rust-proof, stainless steel caddy. This one can be suction-cupped to your sink and has ventilation holes to let sponges dry quickly and help minimize bacteria.
7. SimpleHouseware Under Sink 2 Tier Expandable Shelf Organizer Rack ($23): Maximize your under-the-sink space with a rack that has expandable shelves to hold plenty of unsightly cleaning products and odds and ends out of sight.
8. JMiles Under Cabinet Hanging Stemware Rack ($13): No place to put all your wine glasses? No problem. This chrome hanging rack turns the space under your cabinets into instant stemware storage.
9. KitchenArt 14100 Adjust-A-Teaspoon And Adjust-A-Tablespoon Set ($7): Having just these two adjustable measuring spoons will allow you to measure out ingredients from 1/8 teaspoon to one tablespoon and everything in between.
10. Modern Innovations 16 Inch Stainless Steel Magnetic Knife Bar: Most knife blocks tend to be bulky, so instead, use a minimal magnetic knife bar that can be mounted to a wall or even stuck on the fridge. The magnet is strong enough to hold all your everyday knives in place.
11. Lavish Home Mobile Shelving Unit Organizer ($39): This slim, wheeled storage rack can fit into kitchen nooks you didn’t think could be useful. Organize your spices, cooking oils, canned goods, and more.
12. Seville Classics 2-Tier Corner Shelf ($21): Don’t cut corners, capitalize on them. This two-tiered shelf doubles the surface space of those hard-to-reach back corners on your counters or in your cupboards.
13. Prepworks by Progressive Over-the-Sink Cutting Board ($25): Save prep space by chopping veggies and herbs directly over the sink with an expandable cutting board. There’s a small collapsible colander attached for easy rinsing or storage, and the whole thing is dishwasher-safe as well.
14. Artisware Bamboo Expandable Drawer Organizer ($25): Sort your silverware and kitchen tools by using an organizer that can expand to any drawer size.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.