Ever heard of a poptail? It’s a popsicle that also happens to be a cocktail, and it might just make your summer a whole lot brighter (and boozier). And as it turns out, the Internet has a lot to say on the matter of spiked popsicles. Here are 20 recipes that caught our eye – be sure to share any favorites in the comments below!
2. Guinness & Cream Popsicles: Filled with heavy cream, cocoa powder, and Guinness, these pops are definitely an indulgence. We love the addition of salt for a little savory kick. (via Eat, Knit & DIY)
3. Mojito Poptails: Inspired by the book Poptails by Erin Nichols, this yummy recipe combines mint-infused simple syrup with your favorite mojito ingredients for a killer summer refreshment. (via The Tiffin Box)
7. Costa Rican Watermelon Mojito Popsicles: Oh hey watermelon, we didn’t see you there. This recipe is just what it sounds like, but with the interesting addition of spearmint instead of traditional mint! (via Boulder Locavore)
8. Strawberry Peach Vodka Collins Popsicles: Let’s be serious, what cocktail isn’t better when you add strawberries? We particularly love the recipe for homemade peach syrup – great for lots of other cocktails too! (via Endless Simmer)
9. Berry Beer and Lime Popsicles: Berry beer. Love it or hate it, it’s a popular summer item and has likely found its way into your fridge via a potluck or dinner party. Or maybe that’s just me? Either way, we are very intrigued by these fruity pops, packed with strawberries, lime, and berry beer. (via Culinary Cool)
10. Lime, Honey, & Lemongrass Popsicles: Is it possible for a popsicle to sound cozy? If so, the honey in this one has us swooning hard. Something about lemongrass and lime sounds like it would instantly transport you to a tropical paradise. (via Adventures in Cooking)
11. Pimm’s Cup Popsicles (Pimmsicles): We do like us a good Pimm’s Cup, so a popsicle version of one of our favorite cocktails sounds like the bee’s knees. Save this one for when your British relatives come to town ;) (via The Tiffin Box)
12. Citrus Margarita Spring Popsicle: Edible flowers instantly make any recipe way prettier and more festive. We love how the flowers look like they were just sprinkled into each pop. (via Kiran Tarun)
17. Strawberry Margarita Zipzicles: What is a zipzicle? It is a ziploc style bag made specifically for popsicles. Yep. Seriously. And what did we do the moment we got our zipzicles in the mail? Made spiked zipzicles, of course. (via Brit + Co.)
20. Ambrosia Mojito Popsicles: And last, finally a use for all that melon! According to this recipe, ambrosia is a melon similar to cantaloupe but a little sweeter. If you can’t find ambrosia, you can definitely make this recipe with cantaloupe or honeydew. (via Desserts for Breakfast)
Have you ever made a poptail? Know of a recipe we should try out? Talk to us in the comments below.