Here at Brit + Co., 2014 is quickly becoming the year of high style gym gear. We’re upgrading nearly all the essentials, from picking a super chic gym bag to mastering the ultimate workout hairdo so that we’re set to tackle the treadmill, bike, or elliptical in style. But first things first, ladies—we couldn’t let you trot off to the gym without recommending our 10 favorite sports bras that give you the support you need without salting your look. We have to say, this batch is so stylin’ that we’re questioning the need to wear a shirt during our workouts at all! ;)
1. The Player Zip-Front Sports Bra ($40): What did we tell you? This two-toned, front zip sports bra is the ultimate bra-workout top in one. Rock it to medium impact step or Zumba classes.
2. Centered Energy Bra II ($52): Bikram yoga addicts: power though the heat in style with this open back bra. The light-support sports bra is made with special fabric to that keeps it smelling fresh no matter how sweaty you get.
3. Mi-Bra ($20): This eco-friendly sports bra has a hidden talent: a pocket that’s especially made for your iPod. If you’d rather rock out with the rest of the class, you can always stow your subway card and a few dollar bills for that post workout energy drink.
4. The Player Racerback Sport Bra ($30): This medium-support, lightweight sports bra is cut with a sleek racerback in a breathable mesh fabric, making it perfect for workouts that make you break a sweat.
5. LLD Dip Dye Sports Bra ($16): Remember the roar that surrounded all things ombre? We’re still feeling the dip-dyed look, especially on this dreamy sports bra.
6. Crossback Bra ($40): Here’s another sports bra that makes us think we should really be leaving our shirts at home! The thin, criss-cross straps make it the perfect option for weight or interval training.
7. The Boobypack ($45+): Sure, it may not be the most supportive sports bra out there, but we just had to bring back the Boobypack for this stylish sports bra roundup. With a built-in side pocket large enough to comfortably fit most smartphones, these neon crop tops might be what it takes to cast away bulky gym bags one and for all!
8. Victoria’s Secret Angel Sport Bra ($47): This might be the perfect sports bra to wear for your power walks around town. Built with memory fit and underwire for medium support, this Angel-approved sports bra comes in seven swoon-worthy colors.
9. Mesh Sports Bra ($38): Basketball shorts and Capture the Flag tops really gave mesh a horrible reputation. But this micro-mesh sports bra teaches you not to write it off entirely: it’s edgy enough to rock to the gym in the morning and wear with a high waisted skirt to party at night. Would you dare?
10. Lucas Hugh Black Dial Sports Bra ($135): How could we resist adding some silver and gold to our workout garb? We’re drooling over the geo shapes, especially when worn in tandem with the matching leggings. Seriously, that outfit!
Are there any other badass sports bras out there that we missed? What other workout gear to do consider “must-haves”? Tell us in the comments below.